Our client, a commercial litigation firm in the Financial District in Manhattan, is seeking a litigation paralegal with a strong background in trial preparation and support. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the legal process, possess excellent organizational and communication skills, and be capable of managing complex litigation cases. This position offers the opportunity to work closely with attorneys in a fast-paced and dynamic legal environment.
- Assist attorneys in preparing for trial by organizing and maintaining trial exhibits, evidence, and witness materials.
- Draft and file legal documents such as subpoenas, motions, and trial briefs.
- Conduct legal research and document review to gather information and evidence relevant to the case.
- Manage and organize large volumes of documents, ensuring compliance with document production requirements.
- Prepare and respond to discovery requests, including interrogatories, requests for production, and requests for admissions.
Court Filings and Docket Management:
- E-file documents in state and federal courts and ensure adherence to filing deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of trial calendars and timelines.
- Conduct legal research on relevant statutes, case law, and regulations.
- Summarize and organize research findings for use in legal briefs and trial preparation.
- Researching and formatting pleadings
- Federal court filings and e-filings.
- Bluebook Cite-checking.
- Drafting motions.
- Discovery and relativity experience.
- Filings in court and e-filing experience.
- Tracking status of discovery.
- Trials – and everything that goes with trials (exhibits, etc.) – > willing to travel
An excellent chance to foster client relationships and build case management skills, and to provide support to staff through training. The firm is also willing to offer you a competitive compensation. Contact us today to learn how you can grow your paralegal career!
About Robert Half
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – whenever you choose – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.