FTI Consulting is the world’s leading expert-driven consulting firm. Over the last 40 years, FTI Consulting experts have served as the trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies and the world’s leading law and private equity firms when they are facing their greatest opportunities and challenges. Our strong performance and continued success are a direct reflection of the ambition, energy, and commitment of our talented professionals across the globe to make a positive impact for our clients and communities.
At FTI Consulting, you’ll be inspired and empowered to make an impact on headline matters that change history. Working side by side with the world’s leading experts in your field, you’ll be surrounded by an open collaborative culture that embraces diversity, recognition, professional development and most importantly, you.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join FTI Consulting and this is where you will do the most exciting and fulfilling work of your career.
Are you ready to make an impact?
About The Role
Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. We collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements – ranging from forensic data collections to building custom solutions and workflows. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software and expertise to address projects such as internal investigations and large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
What You’ll Do
This Analyst position is a part of FTI’s Technology Consulting team which provide clients with a combination of industry leading technology together with award-winning consulting and services. A successful candidate will be cross trained in various e-discovery skills and will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. In particular:
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests
- Plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
How You’ll Grow
Analysts will experience a broad range of clients, technologies, business problems, bespoke solutions and working environments. Throughout the role, Analysts will have opportunities to manage sections of projects, develop custom solutions and build client relationships.
You will work with your Performance Coach on a development and training plan to ensure experience across the e-discovery lifecycle to support you in gaining exposure and working towards obtaining industry-recognised qualifications. There will also be opportunities for internal projects where you will be developing the workflows, solutions or teams of tomorrow.
You may also have the opportunity to travel as part of projects or secondments, most commonly to our clients’ offices in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The eDiscovery team sits within our wider Technology practice, alongside our Digital Forensics and Information Governance teams. Collaboration across these teams is critical to the success of many of our matters, which require cross-team collaboration in order to meet our clients expectations. We would expect that successful candidates demonstrate a willingness and capacity to develop skills that are transferable across our teams, and support this through a mixture of internal and external training courses, on-the-job exposure to new areas, and (where appropriate for the individual) a temporary rotational scheme through different practice teams.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals
- Good communicator
- Familiarity with computer-based concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment
- Flexible with working hours and motivated to work in a cross-functional team
The below are desirable but not essential
- Experience working in an e-discovery or technology related role
- E-discovery experience or experience managing document reviews
- Experience supporting or working within document review applications
Our goal is to support the well–being of you and your families—physically, emotionally, and financially. We offer market competitive benefits (including pension), supplemented by 15 flexible benefits, to meet your needs. These include health, lifestyle and family friendly options. We also offer professional development programme, wellness, recognition, community volunteering initiatives, and flexible/hybrid working arrangements.
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping clients with their most significant opportunities and challenges. With more than 7,600 employees located in 31 countries, our broad and diverse bench of award–winning experts advise their clients when they are facing their most significant opportunities and challenges. At FTI Consulting, we embrace, cultivate and maintain a culture of diversity, inclusion & belonging, which are fundamental components to our core values. FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been named the #1 Professional Services Firm on Forbes List of America’s Best Employers and the best firm to work for by Consulting Magazine. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Employee Status: Regular
- Job Family/Level: Op Level 1 – Consultant
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt
- Payroll Expense Type: Direct (Billable)