Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. We collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements – ranging from forensic data collections to building custom solutions and workflows. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software and expertise to address projects such as internal investigations and large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
What you will do
This Analyst position is a part of FTI’s Technology Consulting team which provide clients with a combination of industry leading technology together with award-winning consulting and services. A successful candidate will be cross trained in various e-discovery skills and will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. In particular:
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests
- Plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
What We Offer You
Analysts will experience a broad range of clients, technologies, business problems, bespoke solutions and working environments. Throughout the role, Analysts will have opportunities to manage sections of projects, develop custom solutions and build client relationships.
You will work with your Performance Coach on a development and training plan to ensure experience across the e-discovery lifecycle to support you in gaining exposure and working towards obtaining industry-recognised qualifications. There will also be opportunities for internal projects where you will be developing the workflows, solutions or teams of tomorrow.
You may also have the opportunity to travel as part of projects or secondments, most commonly to our clients’ offices in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Requirements for the Graduate Scheme:
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals
- Good communicator
- Familiarity with computer-based concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment
- Flexible with working hours and motivated to work in a cross-functional team
The below are desirable but not essential
- Experience working in an e-discovery or technology related role
- E-discovery experience or experience managing document reviews
- Experience supporting or working within document review applications