Our client, an expanding AI and eDiscovery software company, is seeking a Senior Application Support Engineer to join their expanding team in the UK. The Support Engineer will be responsible for responding to urgent client inquiries across the suite of technologies within the organization, helping to develop client service-related SQL scripts for automation and reporting. The ideal candidates will have experience working in industry standard ESI software platforms and assisting in the creation and development of automation and reporting in the cloud. As senior members of the team, a background in mentorship and technical training across internal divisions for cloud-based configurations is necessary; experience testing software to assure client satisfaction and functionality is optimal is required. Candidates with virtualization experience in enterprise cloud solutions (AWS, VMWare, etc.) are ideal. Individuals with basic networking experience and Linux security configurations will be considered first. This position is fully remote/work from home.
Please do not apply to this role if you do not have eDiscovery/Data Privacy experience.
The Senior Support Engineer is a key technology member of an overall team responding to customer inquiries across technologies. They are responsive, helpful, thorough, and communicative when working with those internal and external. They are tier two responders brought in by front-line responders for advanced issue resolution. This individual contributes to the proactive and urgent support of items in conjunction with the larger team.
- Provides assistance and expertise in responding to customer inquiries assuring a timely acknowledgment and utilizing skills, application expertise, and knowledgebase articles to answer questions and solve technical problems
- Contributes to ticket resolution maintaining a philosophy of contribution until the request is completely resolved and providing follow-up with client after closed to assure continued success
- Attend daily/weekly team status and development meetings and aid those with roadblocks
- Provides mentorship and training to team members outlining protocols to assist users with configuration and settings across Reveal AI/Processing/Review technologies and test to assure it is functioning to client satisfaction
- Proactively and reactively direct the creation of client service-related applications in collaboration with other internal and external teams
- Assist in the development of installation packages and perform installations for various internal or external customers
- Develop client service-related SQL scripts to aid in automation or functionality or reporting
- Actively assist in maintaining and creating Reveal’s cloud-based services and developing methods for automated maintenance or reporting
- Contribute to software documentation, knowledgebase articles, and other client-facing materials
- Develops a deeper understanding of the Linux Operating System to assist with more in-depth troubleshooting
- Summarize customer requests for feature additions and enhancements and present to Product Development for prioritization
- eDiscovery experience required
- Significant experience working with previous help desk/support history
- Experience installing Linux (CentOS and Red Hat) applications and performing systems administration. Preference is given to certified applicants
- College degree in Computer Science or Information Systems related area
- Familiar with client-server architecture, modern programming language, and SQL scripting
- Experience working with general LAMP stack and Java applications
- Linux security configurations, including iptables and firewalld, SELinux, HAProxy, and SSL/TLS
- Basic networking experience, including TCPIP, DNS/Bind, subnetting, VLANs, and default ports for common protocols
- Database basics, including table navigation, select, and updates for Postgres and MySQL
- Understanding of enterprise server hardware and storage solutions (NFS, CIFS, disk types, and RAID).
- Virtualization (VMWare, VirtualBox, AWS, other Enterprise Cloud solutions)
- Bash shell scripting
- Familiar with Azure/AWS a plus
- Familiarity with Linux automation technologies, such as Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, and Salt
- Software Quality Assurance Testing experience
- Experience with data analytics and/or eDiscovery platform technologies (Relativity, Nuix, Clearwell, Equivio, Reveal, Content Analyst, iPRO, Ringtail, etc.)
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Engaging personality and ability to engage others
- Keen sense of attention to detail
- Obsessive documentation practices
- Experienced problem solver with follow-through on tasks
- Seeker of excellence with unending pursuit of improvement
- Unselfish team player
- Quickly learn and understand technology.
- Programming experience
- Enthusiastic about new knowledge