Our client, a top international mid-size law firm, is looking for an e-Discovery Project Manager in New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C. or Dallas, TX. In this role, the Project Manager will manage and coordinate large-scale projects related to legal technology solutions by providing consultative and technical support as well as applying project management strategies to manage cases efficiently and effectively. This position requires an in-depth understanding of the litigation lifecycle, litigation technology and electronic discovery. Relativity experience is a must along with related e-discovery and litigation support experience from a law firm or vendor.
Strong communication skills and a clients’ first attitude is paramount in this role. Must be comfortable working directly with attorneys to manage projects, including providing real-time status updates and workflow and data collection recommendations.
Will be responsible for the advanced technical and project management aspects of discovery, including the stages outlined in the Electronic Discovery Reference Model. In order to guide attorneys through the discovery process, you must possess knowledge of current Federal and State e-discovery laws/rules. Additional knowledge of foreign country data privacy laws/regulations is a plus.
Please do not apply to this role if you do not have eDiscovery experience.
- Coordinate with case teams to select, communicate with and manage Firm approved outside vendors for electronic discovery projects
- Maintain tracking logs for data received, loaded to review platform(s) and/or produced, as well as data produced by opposing counsel and/or third parties
- Prepare e-discovery budgets in connection with data collection, data processing, data hosting and billable hours for Project Management
- Maintain Relativity databases as well as other e-Discovery Firm platforms
- Train case team members on all supported e-Discovery platforms
- Manage Firm’s e-Discovery vendors
- Required: e-Discovery experience
- Preferred: Law firm experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
License and Certification
- Preferred: Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA)
- Required: Relativity, UltraEdit, NotePad++, TextPad, Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Preferred: CaseMap, TextMap, Legal Radius, CaseFleet, PageVault, X1 Social Discovery