Our client, a leading global service provider, is looking for a Managing Director to join its Legal Transformation Services (LTS) sales team. The LTS team focuses on consulting with and supporting senior legal leaders like General Counsels, Chief Legal Officers, and Heads of Legal Operations on transformational initiatives, including technology enablement, spend reduction, contracts management, and organizational design. This role requires developing relationships with clients, channel partners, and sales colleagues globally; working in tandem with account managers, serving as the LTS subject matter expert and senior consultative sales resource; pursuing LTS opportunities directly; and working with cross-functional internal teams to ensure timely deliverables. The ideal candidate will be primarily client-facing and will be comfortable and have experience working with contacts who serve in senior roles in legal, compliance, privacy, and information technology functions within an enterprise.
- A passionate Managing Director who focuses on consulting with and supporting senior legal leaders (General Counsels, Chief Legal Officers, Heads of Legal Operations, and other law department leaders) on transformational initiatives, including technology enablement, spend reduction, contracts management, and organizational design.
- You will be responsible for developing relationships with clients, channel partners, and sales colleagues globally working with key business executives and stakeholders; will liaison between clients, our business partners (with an emphasis on business partnership with the legal transformation offerings), and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions.
- This position serves as a senior consultative sales resource to the broader organization. On the majority of business development opportunities, you will be working in tandem with the Account Directors; as this is primarily a client-facing role, a successful candidate will be comfortable and have experience working with contacts who serve in senior roles in legal, compliance, privacy, and information technology functions within an enterprise.
- Identifies targets with the sales team and lead C-level (CLO, GC, CFO) and senior management level legal transformation conversations
- Drives the sales cycle to 1) grow the offerings and 2) drive the push-through revenue to the broader LSS service lines (e-discovery, attorney review, EMS, and IG/Breach.)
- Leverages current and future professional networks to identify opportunities beyond current clients, pursuing opportunities directly if no AD is identified
- Demonstrates a high acumen regarding service and technology-enabled offerings; builds and maintains strong, long-lasting customer and channel partner relationships
- Develops a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Serves as the conduit between client stakeholders and consulting and delivery organization
- Evangelizes practice offerings and technology products to industry workgroups, conferences, and publications
- Identifies and grows opportunities globally and collaborates with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Several years of C-level and senior executive-level consultative sales experience with some years of account management or other relevant experience with demonstrable skills related to Legal Transformation Services
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- JD degree preferred
Expected salary for this exempt role is $150,000 – $190,000, commensurate with experience, training, skills, qualifications, and other market factors.