Our client is seeking an eDiscovery Project Coordinator in their New York office. This is one of, if not the most mature Am Law litigation support departments in the country and this role will hyper-accelerate the ESI maturity of the professional who gets this job! This position will provide project support and guidance for discovery on large clients and matters, develop and execute effective plans and workflows, provide guidance and training to Project Analysts, as well as work on multiple matters at any given time either as an assigned project lead or supporting colleagues within the department as a part of the Project Management Team. Our client is looking for a candidate who demonstrates knowledge of all phases of the discovery lifecycle, possesses strong communication and collaboration skills, and is highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills. Experience with eDiscovery tools such as Relativity or Viewpoint required.
Please do not apply to this role if you do not have eDiscovery experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates, executes and delivers projects of varying size and scope, ensuring that EDLS team efforts are delivered on time, on budget and meet project specifications and requirements; projects may include large matters/sets of matters
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among stakeholders which may include clients, partners, associates, litigation analysts, information technology staff (internal and external), vendors and EDLS staff
- Consults, collaborates and participates with legal team on client IT assessments, collection planning and meet-and-confers
- Ensures complete and accurate project documentation is created and maintained, and identifies and escalates potential issues and risks as appropriate
- Assists in vendor selection and management processes
- Logs, checks and duplicates media
- Monitors discovery data flow
- Assists with quality control procedures
- Assists with day-to-day technical support of review and production databases, e.g., create tags, execute complex searches and print requests, production preparation
- In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees; includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management
- Demonstrated knowledge of all phases of the discovery lifecycle
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; able to work effectively with people at all levels both within and outside of the Firm
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exercises sound judgment in a fast-moving environment; able to adapt quickly to evolving project goals and deadlines
- Effectively interprets and translates technical jargon for attorneys and other case team members
- Hands-on experience with review tools such as Viewpoint and Relativity
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Word
Education and/or Experience
- College degree and several years of experience in litigation support and/or electronic discovery
- Law firm experience required
Expected salary for this role is $115,000 – $135,000, commensurate with experience, training, skills, qualifications, and other market factors.