This is one of the most celebrated law firms in the world! Our client, an international global law firm, is looking for an experienced e-Discovery Analyst to join their office in Menlo Park, CA. The Analyst will be responsible for providing technical support to litigation case teams during all phases of the discovery process and will work closely with the firm’s lawyers, case teams, and e-discovery vendors. The ideal candidate must exhibit a deep commitment to client service and have the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally. The candidate must have experience using Relativity.
Please do not apply to this role if you do not have eDiscovery experience.
The e-Discovery Management Department (“EDM”) is responsible for advising and supporting litigation lawyers through all phases of the e-discovery lifecycle, including data collection, processing, culling, analysis, and production. The EDM team consults with the firm’s litigation case teams on a broad array of issues relating to e-discovery, including best practices and current trends in e-discovery, available technical solutions, project workflows, e-discovery vendors, and ESI and production protocols, and provides direct, hands-on project support on all litigation matters in discovery.
In conjunction with EDM Project Managers, the Analyst, is responsible for providing technical support to litigation case teams during all phases of the discovery process, including collection, review, and production. In this role, the Analyst, works closely with the firm’s lawyers, fellow EDM team members, and e-discovery vendors to (i) develop management plans for electronic documents; (ii) coordinate processing of e-mail and other e-data; (iii) organize and track document review workflows; (iv) prepare and facilitate the production of documents; and (v) track and document activity on assigned matters. The Analyst also assists with overseeing the completion and quality of scanning, OCR, coding, e-data conversion, and other processes.
Additionally, the Analyst provides technical training, assistance, and support for lawyers and other staff, and supports external document review teams.
Because the Analyst supports both EDM’s internal clients and the firm’s external clients, the Analyst must exhibit a deep commitment to client service and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the processing and loading of data, and addressing issues (e.g., exceptions, missing metadata, processing issues)
- Retrieves client or production data on file share sites
- Consults with case teams regarding platform capabilities and features, search construction, document review workflows, and technical data issues
- Constructs and runs complex database searches across a variety of platforms, and reports on the results of searches
- Constructs, manages, and reports on document review workflows
- Prepares documents for production
- Performs quality-control review of vendor work (e.g., searches, batching) and incoming production media
- Confirms database structure conforms with firm standard specifications or case team needs
- Assists case teams with work relating to privilege logs (e.g., coordinating exports and name normalization)
- Performs training in various review platforms
- Works with EDM Project Managers to document case details
- Understands and complies with protocols regarding handling client data, original client media, and production media with respect to data preservation
- Works on internal departmental projects, including documentation
- Maintains an ongoing understanding of firm resources
- Commitment to client service; Must be willing and able to be highly responsive both during and outside the standard work schedule
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively with clients, diverse case teams, fellow EDM team members, other firm support staff, and outside vendors
- Detailed knowledge of litigation technologies and processes, with an emphasis on discovery best
- practices, document production, and document management
- General knowledge of review workflows, including ones that leverage advanced analytics
- Ability to organize workload, manage time and available resources to meet deadlines, and balance competing priorities
- Ability to grasp and apply new ideas
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Commitment to fostering a positive and team-oriented culture within the EDM group
- Intellectual curiosity about new litigation technologies
- Initiative in handling projects and the ability to anticipate project needs
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues
- Ability to perform well in a high-stress environment and to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college degree
- Experience in an active litigation support environment
- Knowledge of law firm litigation support technology and services
- Proficiency in Relativity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Progressively responsible work experience