Our client, a recognized leader in legal technology, is seeking a Director, Review Operations. The Director, Review Operations will be responsible for running and scaling our client’s Managed Review delivery model in the U.S. while coordinating and aligning with other jurisdictions to ensure consistent global service delivery. This role will advise case teams on how to optimally align features and workflows within the context of case-specific constraints, leveraging well-established best practices. The ideal candidate will join the team and approach each day with a passion to help improve client outcomes by leveraging the best technology in the market. The ideal candidate for this role brings in-depth knowledge of traditional legal review management with a desire to help its clients and the greater industry evolve and innovate this work. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills to coach and develop the review management team and the know-how and desire to run a highly scalable legal review operation. This role reports directly to the VP, Review Operations (U.S.). The successful candidate must have a Juris Doctorate and must have an active licensed attorney in at least one U.S. jurisdiction.
Please do not apply to this role if you do not have eDiscovery experience.
- Manage day to day tactical delivery of the U.S. review business
- Hire, coach, mentor, and develop review operations staff, including leading review manager onboarding and providing quarterly career development sessions
- Responsible for team progress, pace, and quality and client-facing updates & reports. Ensure that all reviews are completed on time and within budget
- Act as an escalation point to the review management team, providing hands-on advisory services and leadership with client communications/deliverables when quality issues arise
- Leverage existing talent, management tools, methods, and partnerships to expand the U.S. business geographically
- Identify and implement process improvement to continuously increase operational efficiency, quality, and scalability
- Provide input on strategic opportunities to improve operations and grow revenue
- Track team utilization, manage workload balancing, and ensure proper resourcing for all incoming review projects
- Partner with Review Sales leadership by supporting sales motions and providing advisory services during the pre-sale phase
- Partner with Sales Leadership and Sales Operations to align on strategy, reporting progress to meet quarterly and annual targets
- Provide client consultation within the context of client inputs and goals to optimize data populations for early data assessment, review, and production
- Engage with clients on active matters to expand their use of advanced workflows and features to increase the value they derive from technology, including company AI
- Ensure coordination of facility and logistical considerations for the review services team
- At all times, drive toward client satisfaction, revenue, and margin goals
- Experienced leader with significant experience as an attorney and experience leading Review Managers of document review teams
- Possess a high degree of ediscovery experience and knowledge especially with document review
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where your teams are managing multiple fast-moving projects at a given time
- BS or BA degree required
- Juris Doctorate degree required
- Active licensed lawyer in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Have used and understand industry-standard review and production tools including Relativity, Everlaw, etc.
- Strong understanding of AI capabilities and applications
- Excellent communicator – able to present complex technical details, articulate verbally and in writing, and able to instill confidence in clients
- Consummate problem solver and have a strategic mindset
- Natural people manager who develops team members and enables them to become more effective and take on more significant responsibilities
Expected salary for this role is $150,000 – $175,000, commensurate with experience, training, skills, qualifications, and other market factors.