Our client, a leading provider of e-discovery Software-as-a-Service solutions, is hiring a Data Operations Specialist to join their growing Operations Services team. In this role, you will consult with customers to prepare data for legal review. As a customer-facing and technical specialist, this individual should have strong data processing skills in tools like Nuix, Relativity, Summation, or Concordance. The ideal candidate will have the ability to troubleshoot technical issues and diagnose network problems and strong skills in relational databases such as SQL or MS Access. The Data Operations Specialist should have EDRM knowledge and a strong interest in technology with the initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the full e-discovery lifecycle.
Please do not apply to this role if you do not have eDiscovery experience.
Part of a technical team who works closely with our clients on all aspects of matter management, data processing, and data manipulation. Will work on challenging projects with complex data that requires advanced data analysis and manipulation using industry standard tools. Will work closely with our product and engineering teams by providing feedback on technical issues and submitting feature requests on behalf of our clients.
- Coordinate the processing, loading, and exporting of data to and from our e-discovery platform
- Troubleshoot data issues encountered while working with unstructured data (email, office documents, chats) and structured data (production data)
- Prioritize workload assignments and communicate job status and potential issues to internal and external stakeholders
- Manipulate incoming load files manually and programmatically to meet organization ingest specifications
- Perform thorough quality control and validations on all assigned tasks prior to delivery
- Create custom data productions that conform to client technical specifications.
- Facilitate the administration and tracking of client data and perform periodic audits of the same to ensure that the organization is in-line with the client’s case requirements and data retention policies
- Accurately log and classify issues to provide complete information for Engineering interventions, product improvements, reporting, and other needs within the organization
- Handle multiple projects and priorities in a highly time-sensitive environment
- Proactively contribute to improvements in our product and related documentation
- Adhere to company policies and procedures for creating, updating and resolving tickets. Proactively monitor open tickets in Salesforce, contact customers and provide updates in a timely manner
- Interact directly with clients via email or phone on all data related inquiries and advise company customers on how to best leverage the platform. This will involve the ability to analyze the client’s needs and determine the appropriate course of action, including identifying opportunities for smart workarounds when necessary
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the organization as well as external clients and vendors via written and verbal communication
- Experience in e-discovery or digital forensics data processing with a strong understanding of the e-discovery lifecycle and related data processing standards and concepts, including data processing, data de duplication, de-nisting, imaging, metadata extraction, load files, and data migration across e-discovery platforms
- Technical troubleshooting skills to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose various technical issues
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Advanced skills with Excel (vlookups, macros, etc.); experience using formulas in Excel to manipulate data
- Knowledge of various data storage methodologies, data collections, data processing and methods of electronic production
- Ability to accurately determine a client’s requirements and take ownership of client requests
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in order to interact effectively with coworkers and clients
- Attention to detail, strong organization, and client-service orientation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Technology, Business, Legal or related fields; or significant relevant experience
- Advanced skills in relational databases such as SQL or MS Access preferred
- Knowledge of EDRM, including the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences on the life-cycle of litigation
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions