Our client is seeking a Contract to Hire eDiscovery Project Supervisor with a passion for all phases of litigation support and a desire to lead challenging projects for the U.S. Government. The Project Supervisor will assist with the supervision of tasks and case needs by driving work through various operational departments to meet litigation project requests. This includes creating work orders for tasks associated with data intake, processing, hosting and production and completing quality checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of work product before releasing to clients. Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to gain a government security clearance. Candidates with previous supervisor or managerial experience highly desired. Must have experience using Relativity. This is a hybrid opportunity based in Washington, D.C.
Works under the direction of a Project Manager or Lead Project Manager. For very large cases, may be directly responsible for all work in a major task area. For example, on a case involving document discovery of millions of pages, a Project Supervisor may be responsible for all document discovery/document collection activities for the case. For a case involving an out-of-town trial, a Project Supervisor may be the individual in charge of the out-of-town trial support center. Alternatively, may assist several Project Managers on a multitude of smaller cases simultaneously. For example, the Project Supervisor may be responsible for oversight of responsive/privilege review in one case, while simultaneously overseeing production of witness binders in another. Requires direct supervision of a variety of Contractor staff, including clerical staff and first-line supervisors. Requires frequent contact with Government COR, Case Managers, trial attorneys, client agency staff, etc., as well as with other Contractor components.
- A little experience with progressively more responsible experience on major litigation support projects
- Some supervisory experience, including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and coordinate numerous complex and time-critical litigation support activities simultaneously, including technical/data processing support and eDiscovery activities
- Requires in-depth knowledge of litigation support; excellent writing skills; and excellent oral communication skills
- Must be able to anticipate litigation support needs and develop and execute detailed plans for addressing needs
- Requires hands-on familiarity with the Government’s office and network environment, including but not limited to, data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, and internet and server-based databases and other applications, such as Oracle, Relativity or other document review platforms, Trial Director, etc.
- Familiarity with eDiscovery tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources required
- Expert user of the Government’s office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware systems
- Familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources required
- Undergraduate degree required or Substantial significant experience may in some cases be substituted for degree requirement
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience conducting searches, creating STRs, document review, creating coding layouts, and supervising document review in Relativity
- Technology Assisted Review experience valued
- Law degree, technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree preferred
- Paralegal experience helpful
- Trial experience is a plus