Our client, a top global full-service eDiscovery provider, is seeking a Contract Senior Project Manager for their Client Services team. This role will serve as the primary liaison with key client representatives and will help drive client satisfaction through effective coordination and communication. The Project Manager will have strong knowledge and experience of the EDRM lifecycle combined with strong client-facing, consultative and problem-solving skills. Relativity experience is a must.This is a six month or longer contract position remote out of the U.K.
Please do not apply to this role if you do not have eDiscovery experience.
The Senior Project Manager of Client Services will serve as a leader in successfully managing assigned client relationships through effective project management coordination and execution. Successful candidates must have a professional background in the electronic discovery industry and the aspiration to successfully manage multiple projects and client relationships in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary liaison with key client representatives with the goal of owning the service delivery relationship
- Drives overall client satisfaction through effective coordination and communication of client deliverables
- Works with clients to establish best practices that meet their needs and addresses any prioritization issues that may arise
- Effectively executes project forecasts and work schedules implemented by the Senior Project Manager or Client Services Director
- Ensures client and project requirements are being met with the highest quality and accuracy through verification and communicating routinely with both the client and internal partners
- Consistently delivers proactive communication with clients and when client issues arise addresses those issues or expeditiously escalates to the Client Services Director
- Ensures that an up-to-date record is maintained with regard to the status of all projects being worked on
- Demonstrates leadership to both the client and internal partners, delivering project objectives professionally and with high quality
- Provides substantive oversight to client-specific projects on a day-to-day basis
- Serves as team leader by assessing and developing employees through continuous training and mentoring
- Instills confidence with the client and serves as a primary public face of high-quality service delivery offering
- Identifies areas for improvement in process on internal workflow and projects in a solution-oriented fashion
- Integrity — Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
- Client Focus – Takes action with the clients, both internal and external and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback.
- Results Driven – Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation – Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates a willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- Decisiveness – The ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; ability to make tough decisions.
- Communicating with Impact – Expresses thoughts, ideas and information in a clear and compelling manner; organizes thoughts logically and highlights the critical points; adjusts messaging appropriately to suit the audience; ensures understanding through active listening and seeking input from the audience; addresses and interprets questions and points from others with appropriate responses.
- Planning and Organizing – Develops plans and goals that align with and support business strategies; translates objectives into action plans; identifies tasks critical to business success and allocates resources accordingly; effectively manages time to achieve success; handles multiple demands and competing priorities successfully; delegates appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems by detecting patterns or connections; researches and analyzes problems; determines alternative solutions and creates action steps to solve the problem; thinks and acts quickly and effectively in a variety of situations; solves the problem while maintaining a balance between the time invested, the amount of information needed and the magnitude of the problem; evaluates both the short- and long- term consequences of decisions.
- Influencing Others – Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to persuade others to accept a position or initiative that results in action positively impacts business results; assesses the current situation and adapts interpersonal style to suit the target audience; makes recommendations based on the desire to achieve a specific impact or effect or a course of action adopted by others; seeks mutually beneficial solutions; obtains cooperation from others, including those who are not direct reports.
- Delegating – Clearly delegates both ordinary and critical tasks and decisions; shares responsibilities and decisions effectively; demonstrates trust in others to perform work assignments; allows others to complete tasks and decisions; establishes follow-up mechanisms to ensure delegated tasks are completed timely and effectively.
Required Qualifications & Characteristics
- A solid understanding of eDiscovery and the litigation support industry, which is typically a result of some experience in project management positions with law firms, corporate legal departments or eDiscovery service providers
- Must be proficient in Relativity and possess a Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) certification. Additional Relativity Certifications are an added bonus.
- A legal and technical background is expected. The ideal candidate will have both legal qualifications and technical training
- Demonstrated success in the management of multiple simultaneous projects
- Oral and written communication skills, which provide a strong and confident leadership presence
- Excellent client relationship skills, including the ability to proactively manage client expectations, recognize client needs and adapt company capabilities to consistently meet client requirements
- A solid understanding of database design and management, data processing activities and legal document review requirements
- Demonstrated ability in each of the following areas: ensure effective control of all aspects of a project from initial planning through final production; development of project plans; balance overall client requirements; development of relationships; and review financial and billing information in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are consistently met
- We are seeking a superior candidate for this unique role. As a result, we require the following background in candidates selected for this opportunity:
- A bachelor’s degree. A graduate degree such as a Juris Doctorate (JD) degree or Masters of Business Administration (MBA) a plus;
- Some years of consulting, litigation support, paralegal or attorney experience in a law firm, corporate legal department or eDiscovery service provider