The Project Manager of Client Services serves as a leader in successfully managing assigned client relationships through effective project management coordination and execution. Successful candidates must have the team leadership and professional background in the electronic discovery industry to successfully manage multiple projects and client relationships in a fast-paced environment.
A Project Manager should take point / be involved in the following areas and specific tasks:
- Consistently deliver proactive communication with clients. When client issues arise, address or expeditiously escalate to the Client Services Manager or Sr. Project Manager
- Develop relationships with clients that allows for ease in communications and problem solving
- Initiate and/or lead kickoff calls or high-level design calls with client in addition to preparing monthly forecasting and client cost estimates where appropriate
- Troubleshoot issues and recommend solutions, effectively implement and document for internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritize work in the operational queue, escalating to leads as needed, etc
- Take point on research efforts for client issues and provide continued communication to client and internal stakeholders
- Strive to achieve project and revenue utilization targets as set per region
- Drive overall client satisfaction through effective coordination and communication of client deliverables
- Ensure client and project requirements are being met with the highest quality and accuracy through verifying and communicating routinely with both the client and internal partners
- Ensure that an accurate and up to date record is maintained with regard to the status of all projects being worked on
- Demonstrate leadership to both the client and internal partners, delivering project objectives professionally and with high quality
- Provide training and mentoring to new hires and current employees
- Instill confidence with the client and serves as a primary public face of Epiq’s high-quality service delivery offering
- Handle review platform (DMX or Relativity) specific items including but not limited to:
- User requests, database management (archiving/deletion), creation of layouts/views/fields/choices/highlighting/transform sets, creation and execution of STR’s, creation and workflow consultation on redaction sets, creation and management of batch sets, reporting, and creation and execution of production conflict searches
- Provide matter specific support on items such as privilege log generation, media tracking, search term formatting and consultation, consultation on processing, production and review workflow, and creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Create playbooks for all clients to standardize service delivery and drive repeat business
Internal Partnership & Initiatives:
- Participate in process improvement initiatives across organization; work with teammates to standardize and improve the customer experience
- Delegate to team members through continuous training of project related tasks, such as processing and review workflow, productions, etc
- Participate in personal professional development across the department
- Embody company values to team members and cross-departmentally
Required Qualifications & Characteristics
- A solid understanding of eDiscovery and the litigation support industry which is typically a result of experience in project management positions with law firms, corporate legal departments or eDiscovery service providers.
- Must be proficient in Relativity. Additional Relativity Certifications are an added bonus.
- A legal and technical background is expected. The ideal candidate will have both legal qualifications and technical training.
- Demonstrated success in the management of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Oral and written communication skills which provide a strong and confident leadership presence.
- Excellent client relationship skills which include the ability to proactively manage client expectations, recognize client needs and adapt company capabilities to consistently meet client requirements.
- A solid understanding of database design and management, data processing activities and legal document review requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in each of the following areas: ensure effective control of all aspects of a project from initial planning through final production; development of project plans; balance overall client requirements; development of relationships; and review financial and billing information in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- A bachelor’s degree. A graduate degree such as a Juris Doctorate (JD) degree or Masters of Business Administration (MBA) a plus;
- A minimum of 2-3 years consulting, litigation support, paralegal or attorney experience in a law firm, corporate legal department or eDiscovery service provider.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.