eDiscovery Junior Project Manager page is loaded
eDiscovery Junior Project Manager
Apply locations London time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id JR100348
Job title: eDiscovery Junior Project Manager
Department: eDiscovery Solutions
Reports to: Head of eDiscovery Solutions
Main purpose of the role:
To support the delivery of billable eDiscovery Solutions services to our clients and provide project support to the eDiscovery Solutions team.
- Daily contact with the eDiscovery Solutions team for work allocation, responsibilities and training
- Daily contact with the fee earners to assist with Relativity training and questions
- Frequent contact with external eDiscovery vendors to assist with management of external tasks
- Frequent contact with IT to assist in the deployment of software and to help solve other IT issues
- Frequent contact with PrintRoom, Document Management Services and Scanning to assist with document creation and editing as needed
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
This is an introductory eDiscovery role that can grow with the right candidate. The right candidate will assist the eDiscovery team across various projects, in various capacities, including (but not limited to):
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are carried out to the best possible standard, within agreed upon timeframes, at an acceptable cost and in line with the eDiscovery Solutions team’s workflows and processes
- Provide Relativity administrative support including, but not limited to:
- Workspace creation
- Client, matter and user group setup
- Security permissions setup
- Document exports
- Logging all media and maintaining the media database
- Copy data to and from internal and external FTP sites
- Main point of contact between eDiscovery team and IT Services
- Attend and take notes for all project meetings, develop action lists
- Track progress internally to ensure timelines and budgets are met
- Assist the team with administrative tasks including, but not limited to:
- Media tracking and chain of custody
- Quality control checks
- Production tracking
- Project reports and metrics
- Work orders
- Cost estimates
- Training, demos and presentations
The ideal candidate will be keen to further develop and grow in eDiscovery. An interest in learning more about eDiscovery technology and workflows is desired. We are looking for someone who wants to grow in the role and begin their career in the eDiscovery industry.
- Strong technical skills with a keen interest in developing skills further under the guidance of the eDiscovery Solutions team
- To develop Relativity skills and provide support to users
- To develop your knowledge of eDiscovery workflow and processes
- To provide ongoing technical support and training to fee earners and clients
- To support the strategic implementation of the eDiscovery Solutions Business Plan
- Degree educated (Law highly desirable)
- Strong understanding and desire to learn about eDiscovery
- Preferably one years’ experience in an eDiscovery role at a law firm, service provider, consultancy or government agency.
- Exposure to Relativity or other eDiscovery platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to understand and work with complex databases
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and recommend solutions
- Excellent client relationship skills, including the ability to proactively manage expectations, recognise needs and adapt capabilities to meet client requirements
- Demonstrated success in the management of multiple, simultaneous projects
- Problem-solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required
- We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to equal opportunities in employment.
- We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
- At Simmons & Simmons we seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are supportive of flexible working arrangements wherever possible and we would encourage you to discuss this with us, should this be something you are interested in.
All recruits of Simmons & Simmons will be required to go through our background screening process. Depending on the position you apply for this may include a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) certificate. We undertake not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a DBS certificate on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. The firm’s policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders is available on request.
Every day, our expert teams across Europe, the Middle East and Asia come together to solve some of the world’s most complex challenges. We’re an international melting pot of perspectives and experiences, united in helping to shape a better future for our clients, our people and our communities.
A place for ideas, skills, ambition and innovation. For personal growth and professional challenge. For powering success through trust, respect, integrity and an unwavering commitment to quality.