Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our 8,000 professionals excel in problem solving and value creation globally.
Disputes & Investigations
Business failures, financial frauds and accounting irregularities. These and other events have resulted in regulatory interventions, investigations, financial restatements and a significant number of lawsuits. Dealing with matters of a complex nature requires a broad range of skills and experience.
A&M’s Global Disputes & Investigations (“D&I”) practice is a leading provider of Cyber Risk Management, Forensic Technology, Forensic Accounting & Investigations, Dispute Advisory, Economic Consulting, and Privacy & Data Compliance services.The firm has an established reputation for high quality work in a non-Audit environment. Our approach is characterised by a high level of objectivity, diligence and intensive analysis.
Within D&I, the Forensic Technology Services (“FTS”) team comprises of senior forensic and information security technologists, who bring deep expertise in Computer Science and Information Systems, and offer a hands-on approach to collecting, preserving and analysing electronic information. FTS Includes Digital Investigations, Electronic Disclosure Management, Data Mining and Database Analytics, Information Governance, and Cyber Security.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Business Development Associate to be based in London and to support our D&I practice in London and across Europe.
- Act as an internal account manager for a number of key practice areas, attending Business Development meetings
- Monitor and research key clients / sector areas & participate in review meetings
- Work closely with the Business Development Director to support the DI practice on a wide range of business development and marketing activities
- Draft and project manage external client proposals and pitches
- Produce high-quality materials that present the strengths of our practice, such as brochures and client presentations
- Own, maintain and update various information databases, such asparticularly our CRM system Salesforce
- Utilise Salesforce and intelligence platforms (i.e. Introhive and Solomonic) to provide reports and information on clients and prospects, and assist with opportunity spotting
- Maintain and organise BD and marketing resources, including credentials and pitch databases
- Support on new business development initiatives by helping to:
- Create marketing materials for new areas of opportunity
- Identify suitable prospects
- Track BD activity
- Work with the Central Marketing team to make sure we are aligning our business development activities with our marketing output
- Build relationships with Business Development and Marketing personnel in other offices and business units to aid with collaboration on cross-practice and multi-jurisdictional propositions
- Previous experience of Business Development in a leading Advisory firm
- Experience of pitching in professional services
- Strong communication and analytical capabilities with excellent attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal skills combined with the ability to create strong working relationships at all levels
- Ability to take ownership of deliverables and work to tight deadlines in combination with a positive attitude, energetic approach and self-motivation
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with a CRM system, ideally Salesforce
- Fluency in English is essential. Other European languages are desirable
- University degree