If you seek a fast-paced, people-first firm with a collaborative culture, StoneTurn may be the right place for you.
StoneTurn, a global professional services firm, works with law firms, corporations, and government agencies in solving the most complex and consequential business issues. StoneTurn has earned the trust of clients and regulators worldwide by deploying multidisciplinary teams of industry leaders to provide unique expertise with forensics and investigations, risk and compliance, data and technology, economic and dispute advisory, and strategic business consulting. Founded in 2004, StoneTurn operates from offices across five continents and is widely lauded for its commitment to collaboration, integrity, and independence.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Coop to join our Forensic Technology practice.
StoneTurn ’s Forensic Technology and Cybersecurity Practices assist attorneys, corporate clients, and other entities with cybersecurity and information technology needs by employing state-of-the-art laboratories, industry standard tooling, and market leading processes to stay ahead of client demands. Our team includes certified computer forensic experts (EnCE CCME, CGFE, GCFA & CCE), DoD certified Computer Crime Investigators, and Digital Forensic Examiners. You will work with former “Big 4” specialists, Federal Law Enforcement Agents, and US Intelligence professionals with decades of experience in digital forensics and cyber investigations. Our employees are skilled in cyber threat pursuit, response, and investigations where we often obtain and analyze evidence using expert forensic processes. Additionally, we often assist clients with electronic discovery (“eDiscovery”) beginning at the initial planning stage through data retrieval, processing, and production.
In this position, you will work in a state-of-the-art digital forensics lab, alongside a team of highly skilled forensic science practitioners, cyber investigators, and analysts. You will assist the team with collecting, examining, and interpreting data relating to litigation support and active investigations. This position also overlaps with the duties of our other service offerings, where you will work with Managers and Partners across StoneTurn lines of business that require technical support.
- Perform digital forensic collections/analysis using industry standard tools and processes in a repeatable and forensically sound manner
- Support cyber investigations, incident response, security risk assessments, and threat intelligence engagements with specialized technical expertise
- Analyze and implement digital forensics standard processes and best practices
- Provide support for engagement managers who oversee data collection, analysis, extraction, processing, hosting, review and production
- Integrate with the StoneTurn team to deliver coordinated services on investigations
- Interact with clients and other external sources to obtain relevant information and document findings
- Complete chain of custody documentation and maintain evidence inventory system
- Foster a positive, efficient, and team-oriented environment
- Execute multiple priorities and projects daily
- Junior or Senior in bachelor’s degree program in computer science, cyber security, or related field
- Experience in the area of computer forensics and complex data analysis is NOT required[DH1] [MN2] , but is a plus
- Strong understanding of Windows and Apple based systems including installing, troubleshooting, and networking
- Strong technical background. Previous experience in help desk, systems administration, or other technical support role helpful.
- Experience with various forms of electronic media, mobile devices, and cloud-based repositories (hard drives, USB flash drives, external hard drives, iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets.)
- Flexibility with the potential travel requirements of client engagements
- Professional demeanor and strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- Understand networking concepts and experience working with networked systems
- Familiar with data collection and preservation principles
- Experience with digital forensics tools such as EnCase, Axiom, and Cellebrite is helpful but not required
- Experience in threat detection and mitigation involving platforms like EDR, OSINT, Log Analytics, Network, and Cloud
- General networking and system concepts
- Knowledge of basic command line/terminal
- General database concepts (e.g SQLite)
A “seasonal employee” is an employee who is hired into a position for which the customary annual employment is six months or less.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics.
For additional information, go to