Use data visualization software and strategic searching to find the facts, identify key patterns, and build the story. This role supports our clients’ legal teams to assess the merits of a legal or investigative matter and decide upon a course of action, develop case themes and strategy, and be better prepared at each stage of a matter including settlement negotiations, presentations to the government, depositions, motions, witness examinations, and trial.
What You’ll Do
- At the direction of and in collaboration with our clients’ legal teams:
- Solely focus on the merits of the case while using advanced analytics to mine substantive, case-critical documents and surface the material facts, issues and themes for strategic decision-making and uncover the story the documents tell.
- Prepare comprehensible summaries of key information and supporting documentation that can readily be incorporated into the case strategy and materials.
How You’ll Grow
- Tenacious research and problem-solving skills with an aptitude for thinking outside of the box.
- Solid technical proficiency and aptitude for learning new technologies and processes.
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to quickly adjust and balance changing priorities and demands while working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to grasp complex issues and adeptly synthesize information.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to recognize patterns.
- Flexibility to shift direction of research inquiries and approaches based on new findings and evolving guidance.
- Ability to apply a systematic approach and investigative mindset to creatively form hypotheses and strategically find critical information.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively document and present research and analysis findings both orally and in writing in a client-facing manner.
Qualifications & Experience
- Active member in good standing and eligible to practice law in at least one jurisdiction of the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- COVID Vaccine required
- This role requires travel to FTI offices
- Academic coursework, degrees, or professional experience which demonstrate the ability to perform documentary research and analysis with an investigative mindset and an aptitude for critical thinking, analysis, and creativity.
- MA, MS, LLM, MLS or MLIS
- Experience in:
- Data mining
- Data analysis
Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.