Spectra is a rapidly growing eDiscovery platform with customers around the globe ranging from Fortune 50 household names to boutique law firms. Using innovative technology and backed by global eDiscovery leader Lighthouse, Spectra delivers exceptional simplicity, power, and efficiency in a multi-billion dollar market.
The Spectra Onboarding Manager is a customer-facing role, primarily responsible for coordinating and facilitating world-class client onboarding, ensuring continued training, and initial high-level support for new customers. The onboarding manager will ensure all clients are armed with the education and guidance needed for them to be successful on the Spectra platform by applying the appropriate resources to train them on the platform’s use. Other job functions include supporting the Director of Customer Success in facilitating the success, retention, and growth for existing Spectra clients. Through partnership with the Client Success Director, the Onboarding Manager will help clients maximize value, ensure we are meeting client expectations across all services, and continue to drive growth within accounts through ensuring clients are trained and proficient in our technology platform.
The Onboarding Manager is responsible for continuous collaboration with the Director of Customer Success and sales teams to succinctly onboard a diverse group of clients, but is able to independently sustain client relationships and growth YoY. The Onboarding Manager leads the onboarding of new customers into Spectra, coordinating resources to train the clients in our breadth of technology, translating technical requirements, assisting in coordinating migrations from other platforms, and answering technical or other substantive questions from the client. She or he must have a demonstrated understanding of eDiscovery processes and technologies. This includes being able to decode complex issues and assist in designing solutions with clients and Spectra teams, and to consult on workflows and their associated pitfalls. The Onboarding Manager must be able learn and communicate expertly about a variety of issues including: training sequencing, new client orientation, standard invoicing questions, and general oversight of the proof of concept phase of client acquisition.
The Onboarding Manager also collaborates with the sales team in client meetings and presentations and RFP responses, understanding and communicating the onboarding and training process and demoing products. They must understand the existing sales pipeline, where clients stand in the “client journey,” and how clients move through the sales process.
The essential duties and responsibilities for Spectra Onboarding Manager are as follows:
- Managing and continuously improving the onboarding experience for new clients. Participating in kickoff calls, tailoring training to the needs of individual clients, and ensuring that clients migrate from other platforms as efficiently and painlessly as possible.
- Coordinating internally with other Lighthouse groups to ensure that the client has a great experience onboarding into Spectra
- Coordinating with the Spectra support team to identify existing clients that could benefit from additional training
- Creating ongoing relationships with clients, scoping and understanding clients’ individual needs, and using key information to help drive product/service adoption
- Improving client experience by anticipating customer needs, consulting proactively, and performing gap analyses
- Developing new business opportunities with existing clients by promoting company products and services
- Consultative selling, and being the voice for service and product implementation at an enterprise level
- Gaining trusted advisor status to our clients
- Helping to increase customer engagement, and convert transactional customers to recurring ones
- Ability to act within the sales process as well as independently of the sales process
- Communicating, presenting, and influencing key stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Helping to create medium to long-range plans and helping prepare strategies to protect, grow, and diversify the relationship
- Advocating for clients with marketing, product, service delivery, and executive teams
- Proactively identifying root causes for customer churn and possible client dissatisfaction
- Responding to client issues directly, being adaptable and flexible, and diving into unexpected situations
- Prioritizing and effectively applying different models of customer engagement – from high touch focused on customer intimacy to low touch for efficiency
- Keeping clients proactively updated about new tools, products, and offerings; and providing client demonstrations
- Guiding clients through onboarding processing, initiatives, working sessions, and presentations
- Creating client deliverables including client playbooks, marketing materials, and responding to RFP/RFI’s
- Create training materials for the Support team and be a visible leader
- Understanding client requirements for both case level and program level initiatives
- Demonstrating continuing education and market awareness
- Develop implementation plans for new products and services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- High energy, collaborative team player
- Proven ability to maintain highly valuable and outcome-based relationships with a diverse customer account base
- Experience with enterprise level deployments and program management
- Expertise across the full scope of the EDRM including an understanding of technologies (e.g. EnCase, iPro, Nuix, Relativity, Brainspace)
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Strong client empathy
- Ability to build relationships with clients
- Ability to affect and influence change with clients
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate with people at various levels across organizations and to get complex technical points across in a simple manner
- Ability to problem solve and change course/re-plan when issues arise or situations without clear parameters
- Ability to scope and understand a client’s case and program level goals and needs; and develop a plan around them
- Understanding of value drivers for developing recurring revenue
- Ability to deliver detailed / complex information clearly
- Ability to assist Sales in proposals and presentation as well as upsell Lighthouse products
- Outstanding technical writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload
- Enthusiasm for working across time zones in a rapidly growing global business
- Ability to work across the Lighthouse organization, and delegate work to Advisory Services, and other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or JD a plus)
- Technical certifications preferred (e.g. RCA)
- At least five years of work experience with at least three years of eDiscovery project/account management experience
- P4 Specialist – Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization. Has specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline or function. Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time will be spent traveling.
- Job may be required at a customer facility.
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 10 lbs.