To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Sky Discovery
Sky Discovery is a litigation technology consultancy specialising in premium project management, electronic discovery, forensic technology, and legal document review.
Sky Discovery is a global consultancy with a reputation of having a team of highly skilled eDiscovery experts, delivering a true 24/7 service model with innovations that underpin the speed and quality of our service.
Sky Discovery was founded in 2015 in Australian and now has offices on Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Chandigarh and London.
About the opportunity
Due to global expansion, a position of Systems Engineer has opened in our London office. This role will be part of the global IT team and will be responsible for the management of Sky Discovery software as a services and infrastructure managed services. This position is also responsible for maintaining and supporting Sky Discovery’s primary eDiscovery applications in AWS from both front-end and backend. This position will work alongside the SQL administrator team, the software providers, and our client facing technical and project management teams, to help resolve escalated platform/network issues, and to provide the best practice guidance for workspace management as it relates to infrastructure performance.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain all Cloud platforms and associated services to perform error-free operation
- Find ways for the cloud environment to run more efficiently and automate day to day tasks.
- Maintain an IT helpdesk to respond to system alerts, prioritising and resolving incidents to restore service.
- Update and maintain documentation for all systems.
- Troubleshoot security-related issues in all environments.
- Build, configure and maintain cloud virtual server environments and cloud host platforms.
- Develop, update and maintain existing processes and procedures relating to the database administration.
- Troubleshoot performance issues as and when they occur.
- Maintain and enhance scripts for DBA tasks including backups, restores and database maintenance such as indexing.
- Reviewing stored procedures and improving efficiency.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience in MSSQL database principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and reporting
2+ years’ experience as System Administrator
- Proven experience with maintaining windows networks and SQL database administration.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to common eDiscovery software (Relativity, Ringtail, Nuix, encase, FTK) highly regarded
- AWS/Azure administration experience will be highly regarded
- Office 365 Administration experience
- End Point Management experience using Intune/ManageEngine
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field is preferred but not essential.