The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing to a case or client annual budget, consulting clients on eDiscovery best practices, and identifying preferred paths to completing projects with a focus on reducing costs, increasing speed of delivery and use of Lighthouse technologies to drive client satisfaction. Senior PMs are responsible for planning, monitoring and managing internal and external project communications of pod members. In addition, Senior PMs provide workflow consultation, drive the development of standards and participate in the daily activities associated with providing eDiscovery support to clients.
- Respond to client requests and provide consultation to clients to manage the scope, execution, and overall delivery of solutions that comply with industry best practices and Lighthouse Standards.
- Train and develop team members on workflows and eDiscovery best practices.
- Initiate work on behalf of clients by creating work orders for tasks associated with data processing, review, and production.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure accuracy and completeness of job instructions and of final work product.
- Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain accurate project schedules.
- Delegate work to weekend Project Managers.
- Draft SOWs, document workflows, and accurately record time.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as identified by manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Excellent eDiscovery skills needed to provide consultation and creation of client and project solutions that drive the use of technology and workflows that reduce overall client costs, improve speed, and/or deliver a higher quality product.
- Knowledge of or the ability to quickly acquire a deep understanding of Lighthouse workflows, internal tools and documentation necessary to act as an internal escalation resource, and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills to effectively transmit information via written (email and forms based formats such as SOWs) and verbal communications to convey instructions, identify issues, propose solutions and manage conflicts between internal and external stakeholders.
- Project management skills to successfully manage client relationships and execute projects to completion in order to deepen Lighthouse relationships to ensure repeat work and increased share of clients’ total spend and to gain clients’ trust as a consultant.
- Ability to solve problems where only limited standards may exist.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload.
- Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Desire and ability to mentor and develop junior members of team.
- Effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to deal with difficult situations and manage conflicts to successful resolutions.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written and oral form.
- Ability to work within timelines and budget parameters.
- Ability to delegate tasks as appropriate to team members.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or JD a plus) or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of work experience with at least four years of e-Discovery project management experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.