Reporting to the Senior Director of the PMO, the in-house (non-consulting) Senior Project Manager leads projects which support the FTI Consulting Technology Segment’s strategic and operational goals. Initiatives addressed by the PMO are primarily concentrated on infrastructure implementations, compliance, and technical operations related to the on-going support and expansion of FTI’s eDiscovery products, initiatives, and consulting services. Senior project managers are strategic and tactical problem solvers who are typically assigned to lead multiple large-scale, high impact projects with moderate to high risk and complexity. Senior project managers will also assist in developing and maturing PMO capabilities to foster continued operational excellence.
This role is fully remote and can be based anywhere in the continental U.S.
What You’ll Do
- Develop strong relationships with senior business leaders; working across organizational boundaries to manage communications and build positive relationships.
- Ensure the evolution and elevation of the PMO through continued refinement of project management frameworks to maintain and mature best practices.
- Identify and secure necessary resources required to meet project objectives by building strong and positive relationships with resource managers.
- Build, lead, and coach project teams throughout the entire project lifecycle, facilitating all checkpoint activities defined by the PMO.
- Lead, manage, and deliver concurrent large-scale and complex projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders through the full project lifecycle (ideation to implementation).
- Monitor and control project progress by constantly evaluating trade-offs between budget, scope, schedule, and quality to provide maximum stakeholder value.
- Identify, articulate, and mitigate project risks and issues in partnership with business and technology teams.
- Escalate issues to PMO leadership and project stakeholders as warranted.
- Successfully source and manage vendor relationships when warranted.
- Ensure all projects adhere to Project Lifecycle Methodology (PLM) standards set by the PMO.
- Ensure all appropriate project artifacts (documentation, deliverables, gates, etc.) are created, reviewed, and approved as appropriate by internal and external stakeholders.
- Coach and mentor junior project managers and project coordinators
- Be a steward of the PMOs business value to the organization and have fun with all aspects of project management.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, CIS, MIS, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- 8-10 years of applicable work experience in IT project management.
- PMP certification a plus
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects of varying size, priority, and complexity in a matrixed organization.
- Expert project management skills including planning, estimating, cost-benefit analysis, resource management, issue resolution, and risk management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations at all levels within an organization.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders and apply diplomatic resolutions to identified impediments, even if unpopular.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal formats.
- Self-starter who has the confidence and experience to quickly assess complex situations and make decisions.
- Demonstrated change agent with the ability to effectuate change and drive adoption to new ways of working per project outcomes.
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- COVID Vaccine required.
- Travel Requirements: 10% (Team and company outings, Training, Conferences, etc.).
- PMP Certification.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or other Agile certifications (SAFe).
- Experience with SaaS, IaaS or hybrid cloud environments (AWS).
- Experience with IT infrastructure, information Security, eDiscovery, and/or data analytics projects.
Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.