(Germany Based- 100% remote)
The eDiscovery Project Manager works as a member of a Client Services team and collaborates with clients and internal operational teams to design, implement and manage work associated with ediscovery matters. eDiscovery Project Managers are central to the successful delivery of ediscovery engagements by acting as a point of contact for clients, driving work through various operational departments to ensure project requirements are met, and carrying out quality checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of work product before it is released to clients. The role is responsible for developing and executing project and client workflow standards, providing a consultative approach to problem solving, and identifying critical paths to project completion with a focus on reducing costs, increasing speed of delivery and promoting the use of innovate technology to exceed client expectations.
- Respond to client requests and provide consultation to clients to manage the scope, execution, and overall delivery of solutions that comply with industry best practices and Lighthouse standards.
- Consult with clients, counsel, and review teams on best practices in review, including review workflow and application of Lighthouse proprietary tools and processes.
- Execute project-specific tasks in Relativity, Brainspace and Lighthouse proprietary applications, including: data loading, searching and analysis, providing review support (including the use of TAR where appropriate), and managing productions.
- Understand Lighthouse workflows, critical paths needed to progress work through the system, and tools used by Lighthouse to manage workflows.
- Create instructions for tasks associated with data processing, review, and production.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure accuracy and completeness of job instructions and of final work product.
- Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain a solid understanding of project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks across departments, and associated resource requirements based upon the complexity of work and the size of the queue.
- As requested, participate in project management tasks including SOW creation, kick-off call preparation and completion, and documentation of workflows, standards and project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as identified by Client Services team leaders.
- Maintain an understanding of ediscovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Strong analytical and logical skills.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standards exist.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including having the ability to deal with difficult situations and manage conflicts to successful resolutions.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written or oral form.
- Ability to work within timelines and budget parameters.
- Ability to delegate tasks to appropriate inter-department team members.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload.
- Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Degree in Computer Forensics, Computer Science or other ediscovery-related discipline.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in an ediscovery environment, ideally in a client-facing role.
- Proficiency and ideally accreditation in Relativity and Brainspace.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.