The Sr. Project Manager will manage Advisory team members who are responsible for engagements on a wide variety of clients often times in complex, highly regulated environments. The Sr. Project Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external team members and is responsible for all phases of project planning (including timelines, cost, dependencies) and project execution, ensuring that the project team(s) meet milestones timely and efficiently. Ultimately, this role will ensure the highest quality experience possible for Lighthouse’s clients. Aside from client satisfaction, the Sr. Project Manager will ensure project risks, issues and challenges are identified early and resolved timely to ensure milestones are met consistently and timely and all deliverables provided in accordance with the project plan.
- Manage a team of project managers who are running our most critical client engagements.
- Manage project-level activities on Advisory Services projects within time and budget for engagements up to $10MM.
- Work closely with Lighthouse and Client teams to service project needs.
- Assure quality, accuracy and timeliness of all aspect of Client projects.
- Communicate expectations for project scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support typical business hours with some regional exceptions as appropriate.
- Maintain all Advisory staffing availability and help with resource planning and alignment.
- Ensure all team members are on track with weekly/monthly time entry deadlines.
- Manage subcontractor relationships as appropriate.
- Provide metrics and reporting for leadership needs.
- Review monthly client billing and invoices for projects as assigned.
- Launch new services as the practice expands.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Management duties include supervision of exempt and/or non-exempt staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations and improvement plans, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- Strong project coordination/management skills including the ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written or oral form is preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail, organized, and self-starter
- Ability to analyze project requirements to effectively create and maintain project schedules, which includes being able to define and understand project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, etc…
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standards may exist
- General understanding of computers and proficiency with Office, email, and modern business software
- Ability to work under pressure and with several competing priorities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to learn and process new information and get things done effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Self-motivation, self-direction and ability to take initiative and solve problems.
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills including having the ability to deal with difficult situations and manage conflicts to successful resolutions
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate tasks and deadlines to appropriate inter-department team members
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 + years of project coordination/management experience
- 5+ years of previous experience in eDiscovery, information governance, information technology, or law firm litigation support preferred
- PMP or similar certification preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10% of the time will be spent traveling.
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.