The Senior Data Scientist will design, build and deliver on our next generation of eDiscovery intelligence products by building highly accurate machine learning models, contribute to the engineering of highly scalable systems, and incorporating new technology and tools to deliver predictive intelligence to our customers through existing and new products.
- Research, design and prototyping of scalable machine learning techniques for classification, recognition and matching, and attribute extraction in order to answer key business problems.
- Develop value propositions, identifying new business opportunities for data.
- Determine the right set of statistical and machine learning algorithms and techniques needed to solve different data problems, while maintaining security and privacy of data.
- Collaborate with engineers to make sure the solution scales well with high volumes of data and applicable to many clients.
- Provide technical recommendations regarding buy vs. build decisions for different components of the data analytics infrastructure.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Management duties include supervision of exempt and/or non-exempt staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations and improvement plans, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals of machine learning, data mining and statistical predictive modeling, and extensive experience applying these methods to real world problems.
- Knowledge and experience working with T-SQL and relational databases like MS SQL or PostgreSQL
- Expertise working with both structured and unstructured data in a Big Data platform setting with standard toolsets.
- Knowledge of various data science techniques and experience implementing models developed with these techniques into production environment.
- PhD or MS in computer science, computer engineering with 5+ years of experience in data science related field.
- Demonstrated history of driving and delivering analytics models and solutions to offerings in the market.
- Experience developing and implementing models and visualizations using programming and scripting (Scala, Python, R, Ruby, Spark, and/or Azure ML).