About the Role
The FTI Consulting UK Technology team is seeking to recruit an energetic, self-starting team player to join the London practice who is enthusiastic about playing an important role within the growth of our managed document review offering in Europe.
What You’ll Do
The primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Act as the functional lead for assigned managed review projects within the UK and Europe
- Create and monitor timelines for completion of various phases of review
- Manager a matter against budget
- Communicate with the end-client (either corporation, outside counsel or both)
- Oversee the quality control process and ensure adherence to FTI standards
- Oversee the client reporting process and ensure adherence to FTI standards
- Identify, and mitigate, areas of potential risk to FTI during the document review
- Monitor review speeds and progress, and report to the client on a regular basis
- Make, and execute, decisions regarding review team size throughout the duration of a project
- Be customer service oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel, including at short notice, as required to ensure effective management of case activities
How You’ll Grow
- Supporting the business development team to market managed document review to FTI’s clients, including during client pitches, at conferences, in thought leadership etc
- Working with the global managed document review leadership team, and the EMEA Technology leadership team, to develop, strategies for the managed review offering in the UK and Europe
Qualifications & Experience
Education and Qualifications:
- 2:1 degree in law or a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience
- Qualified lawyer
Skills and Competencies:
- 3-5 years of previous team lead or review management experience
- Strong team management skills
- Project planning and resource allocation skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Skilled communicator able to perform well in a client facing role
- Experienced user of Relativity and other review platforms including searching, use of analytics tools, along with administrative features
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s). #LI-KR1
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.