About the Role
Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software and services expertise and address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
This Senior Consultant position is a part of FTI Consulting’s E-discovery Consulting team, based from our London office. The Senior Consultant will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects and will have responsibility for client delivery of small to medium projects.
What You’ll Do
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. This could involve:
- Planning and executing electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
- Utilising industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic
- evidence sources
- Assuming responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Co-ordinating closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements
- Being customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Liaising with clients and project managers regarding client requests and management of their priorities and expectations
- Travelling as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
How You’ll Grow
FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities, a dedicated career coach who will assist you with your transition into the business, as well as an open, collaborative environment where knowledge sharing is actively encouraged. From your first day as part of the team you will be working alongside and learning from some of the leading professionals in the industry.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in law or a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience.
Solid experience working in an e-Discovery or technology related role for 3+ years (essential)
- Knowledge of configuring and operating either Nuix Discover or Relativity as a document review management application (essential)
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions (essential)
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively, in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment (essential)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals (essential)
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role (essential)
- Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems and software (desirable)
- Electronic discovery experience or experience managing document review teams (desirable)
- Knowledge and execution of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment (desirable)