Our Technology practice uses our people and our technology to help clients identify, collect, analyse, and review electronic documents and data to locate the key evidence. Our team of over 500 professionals around the world includes e-discovery experts, software developers, and forensic specialists. They’re industry leaders and have been involved in some of the largest e-discovery matters of the past decade, which means they have the experience to help clients whatever their challenges.
About the Opportunity:
As part of the Technology Services team based in Europe with offices in Germany, France, UK, Spain and Ireland, the Consultant / Senior Consultant will be responsible for performing tasks and creating and maintain workflows associated to data conversion, data manipulation and developing process automation to assist our clients with their technology and eDiscovery needs.
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialised tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Liaise with consultants and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations
- Work with teams across different regions in a “follow the sun” model to ensure document productions from different regions meet production requirements and deadlines
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software for data analytics, data manipulation and document production tasks
- Proactively identify improvement areas in existing workflows. Develop tools and scripts to improve automation and reliability
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
Experience and Desirable Skills:
- Knowledge and execution of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a MS Windows / SQL environment
- Ability to create and understand Microsoft SQL Server scripts and stored procedures
- Experience with scripting languages such as (Python, PowerShell)
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team and support the team’s goals above individual goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion
- Great attention to detail and ability to spot areas of risks in data conversion processes
- Excellent communication and client communication skills (verbal and written)
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Comfortable working in a high-pressured environment
- Strong logical reasoning skills
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), ideally in a technology related or numerate subject
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.