The Senior Consultant within Lighthouse’s Advisory Services team will be responsible for leading client workshops focused on Microsoft 365 (M365) capabilities across Governance, Risk and Compliance such as Information Protection, Data Loss Prevention, Insider Risk Management and eDiscovery. The ideal candidate will have experience driving these activities for large, multi-national organizations across a wide range of industries. This is primarily a client facing role, so the candidate should be comfortable and have experience working with senior stakeholders across legal, compliance, data privacy and information technology staff.
- Lead client workshops on the benefits of M365, demonstrating subject matter expertise with their compliance-focused solutions. This requires: (1) Sustaining a strong knowledge and fluency on the impact M365 adoption has on Information Governance, specifically eDiscovery, data privacy, data protection and records management; (2) Maintaining a broad and deep understanding of Microsoft’s native Information Governance and Records management tools, including the ability to conduct demonstrations of the tools and answer difficult questions; (3) Managing requirements gathering and documentation efforts relating to M365 adoption; and (4) Maintaining an awareness of third-party solutions that augment, compliment or replace core M365 functionality. (65%)
- Participate in high profile client engagements, supporting a wide range of senior stakeholders (Chief Legal Officers, Compliance Officers, and Data Protection Officers). Typical engagements include: (1) IG and eDiscovery program assessments (reviewing current state, identifying gaps, risks, and priorities); (2) IG and eDiscovery program development and implementation (implementing point solutions or producing assessments and recommendations); (3) Participate in work streams for engagement deliverables, such as: requirements documentation (business, functional, technical, legal/compliance), current state assessment, future state roadmap, and high level design); and (4) IG and eDiscovery technology implementation including: M365 native data governance, eDiscovery, information protection; and Legal hold notification workflow tools (Relativity Legal Hold, Legal Hold Pro, Exterro, etc.). (10%)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new or existing clients, Microsoft or other referral sources which can drive expanded roles for Lighthouse or new opportunities to enable M365 adoption and consumption for our clients. (10%)
- Participate in data protection projects/programs, including: (1) Data classification and policy development; (2) Data classification technology assessment, evaluation, recommendations, and implementations; and (3) Expertise with Microsoft Information Protection (“MIP”) Framework tools such as Azure Information Protection (“AIP”) and Unified Labeling. (5%)
- Participate in data remediation projects/programs (defensible deletion, “ROT” cleanup) projects, which requires maintaining knowledge of information archiving technologies and platforms (e.g., Enterprise Vault, SourceOne, Mimecast, etc.) and demonstrating knowledge and expertise with IG indexing and data classification technologies and platforms for structured and unstructured data. (5%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned. (5%)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS:
- Subject matter expertise in information governance, RIM, eDiscovery, and data privacy.
- Strong domain expertise with Microsoft collaboration and productivity technologies and platforms, including knowledge of and expertise in one or more areas of M365, such as: (1) Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business, Security & Compliance Center, especially features such as information governance; eDiscovery and Advanced eDiscovery; Azure Information Protection/Unified Labeling; data loss prevention.
- Proven ability and appetite to continually learn and master new and evolving technologies, especially within the Microsoft technology stack.
- Previous experience working with organizations on leading demonstrations and/or training sessions on Microsoft (and/or other) enterprise technologies from a legal, compliance, and regulatory perspective.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Outstanding oral and written skills with the self-confidence, assertiveness, and appearance to make presentations to individuals or groups of client personnel.
- Drive and passion to execute client engagements successfully.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Flexible work style; comfortable in fast paced, challenging environments.
- High level of customer service towards internal and external clients.
- Collaborate effectively with Lighthouse partners and sales teams, demonstrating an understanding of the Microsoft partner channel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent.
- Current Microsoft Certifications in Exchange, Teams, SharePoint and/or Azure (MS-500, MS-700, AZ-500) are a highly desired, along with other industry certifications, e.g. Certified Records Manager (CRM), Information Governance Professional (IGP) and/or data privacy certifications (CIPP/US, CIPP/EU, CIPT, CIPM).
- 7-10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: records and information management (“RIM”), electronic discovery, business process consulting, content management, email archiving, IT system management, or business process integration.
- Preferred experience would be working with clients in the mid to large size sector in regulated industries (financial services, insurance, pharmaceutical).
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 0-20% of the time will be spent traveling.
- Job may be required at a customer facility.