Robert Half is recruiting a Paralegal for a premier real estate litigation boutique law firm in downtown San Francisco (occasional telecommute is OK). The Paralegal is responsible for assisting attorneys with managing the discovery process and preparing for hearings and trials in unlawful detainer actions. The firm was founded on a commitment to top-rate customer service that has flourished within their culture of equity and inclusion. The partners take care of the firm’s employees so they feel empowered to do their very best work for their diverse, multilingual clientele.
· Conduct legal research, respond to discovery, and produce and draft legal documents and pleadings;
· Schedule, e-file, and serve motions and oppositions, including motions to compel, ex parte motions, demurrers, motions to quash, and motions to strike;
· Support attorneys appearing in hearings and/or trial with preparation of witness/exhibit binders and jury trial documents; and
· Engage in frequent client contact regarding intake, gathering information and documents required for discovery, notifying of hearing dates, etc.
· Paralegal Certificate or equivalent experience;
· 2+ years of litigation experience;
· Landlord/tenant law experience is a plus, but not required;
· Familiar with local county court rules and procedures;
· Good case management and document review / discovery experience;
· Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask; and
· Professional communication skills via telephone and email.
Our client offers a beautiful and collegial office space, values work-life balance, and fosters a culture of professional growth. The base salary range is $70,000 – 100,000/yr, DOE, and this position is bonus eligible and gets employment benefits, incl. 401(k) Plan and paid leave. For confidential consideration, please email resume to Jon Lucchese, VP – Permanent Placement Services Practice, at jon.lucchese‹at›roberthalf‹dot›com . Thank you!
– Adeptness in real estate law
– Legal research experience desired
– Hands-on experience with leases
– Boutique law firm experience
– Civil procedure experience highly desired
– Legal files experience preferred
– Experience with landlord-tenant disputes
– Foundational knowledge in residential real estate law preferred
– Fair Housing Law experience highly valued
– Condominium real estate experience highly desired
– Local court rules experience highly preferred
– 2+ years of litigation paralegal or litigation legal assistant experience
– Earlier work involving drafting pleadings
– Demonstrated knowledge of client relations
– Good understanding of e-filing
– Civil litigation experience required
– Practical knowledge of doing court filings and service of process
– Prior experience with legal correspondence
– Strong familiarity with case management
– Adeptness in client intake
– Background working with municipal courts
– Comprehension of landlord – tenant law
– Practical knowledge of trial preparation
– Proven success in assisting attorneys
– Previous experience working with exhibits
– General familiarity with computer research
– Knowledge of scheduling appointments and notifying clients of upcoming hearings
– Being savvy with word processing and spreadsheets is favorable
– Customer service-oriented communication skills
– Confidence in taking ownership of projects, writing and negotiating, planning and organizing
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Constant attention to detail and accuracy, confidentiality
This opportunity will help build your case management skills, develop client relationships, and provide training to support staff. The organization is also willing to provide you with a competitive compensation. If you’re interested in growing your paralegal career, contact us today!
About Robert Half
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – whenever you choose – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.