Robert Half is working with a nationally recognized boutique law firm based in San Francisco that serves as counsel to public and private businesses, hedge funds and private equity firms facing complex litigation and regulatory events.
We are not a traditional firm, and we do not provide the typical law firm experience. We staff matters leanly; our support staff gets real hands-on work. BHB curates a small close-knit environment, and we take great care in selecting candidates who will excel at a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a dedicated and ambitious legal assistant to support our litigation practice.
Legal assistant tasks will vary depending on the attorneys’ needs and the candidate’s own skills and aptitude; day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
• Preparing briefs, declarations, exhibits, and proofs of service for filing in court
• Drafting pleadings, discovery responses, and correspondence
• Meeting filing deadlines in state and federal court
• Editing, proofreading, and formatting documents to conform to firm and legal styles
• Conducting legal research and assisting with document review
• Calendaring legal dates and deadlines
• Communicating with clients, court, and vendors
• Creating hearing, deposition, and trial binders
• Maintaining electronic case files and hard-copy archives
• Providing legal support before and during deposition, trial, arbitration and mediation
• Utilizing legal discovery and filing platforms (i.e. Pacer, OneLegal, Relativity, Disco)
• Assisting with admin tasks and special/miscellaneous projects as needed
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- BA/BS from a top 50 ranked college with a minimum 3.5 GPA
- Foundational knowledge in Trial Exhibits
- Experience with Draft Pleadings
- Civil litigation experience
- General familiarity with legal research
- Briefs experience preferred
- Adeptness in Discovery
- Demonstrated knowledge of Calendar Management
- Experience assisting lawyers in preparing for transactional closings, depositions, hearings, trials and conferences; completing many administrative tasks, including, working on individual cases or transactions
- Organizing and tracking files for important transactions or case documents, including pleadings and voluminous discovery documents; creating and maintaining a case-management database
About Robert Half
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – whenever you choose – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.