Amazing opportunity to join a top tier law firm as an E-Discovery Consultant. This is a Direct-Hire position! You will consult with both clients and attorneys to design and implement customized workflows and solutions regarding data preservation and collection that ensure defensibility, promote efficiency, reduce costs, and comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Hybrid position- only 2 days in office! 3 days WFH.
Areas of expertise we are seeking include: eDiscovery, data management, , advanced writing skills, and public speaking.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
This role is designated for a hybrid work schedule with 2 days in office per week to facilitate collaboration with key stakeholders and 3 remote days per week.
This position will implement and manage the electronic discovery functions and the related costs on a full-time basis. Responsibilities include:
- Keep abreast of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and regulatory requirements as they relate to electronic discovery. Consult with attorneys, clients, paralegals, IT staff and vendors and provide guidance on the best way to handle electronic discovery collection.
- Become familiar with clients’ data retention systems. Facilitate attorneys’ understanding of what data and systems are used by our clients; provide guidance on ESI production agreements and Meet and Confer strategy.
- Provide strategic and technical advice regarding eDiscovery planning, preservation, collection, and processing, serve as liaison with IT and clients on searches for electronic data and systems.
- Consult with vendors on managing electronic discovery projects. Assist in choosing the appropriate vendor(s) for projects.
- Prepare project status reports for both internal and external distribution.
- Prepare and deliver educational presentations for attorney.
- Keep abreast of technological and software advances in the litigation support and electronic discovery industries.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Advanced knowledge of Litigation Review databases, technology-assisted review tools, and discovery processes.
- Superior attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work professionally in a consultative and collaborative manner both internally and externally with clients on all levels. Communicate with case teams, other members of the Ediscovery department, and vendors to prepare project design and collection documentation.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products, web email applications, social media and mobile device data; advanced understanding of metadata and preservation obligations.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and manage several projects at any given time.
- Ability to work closely with clients, attorneys, vendors and in-house Ediscovery group.
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms.
- A commitment to excellence, a strong sense of urgency and dedication to client satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience preferred. You could be an E-discovery expert with a JD and Attorney background, or be an E-discovery expert without an Attorney background.
- Strong technical and project management background with 5+ years of experience in electronic discovery and e-discovery vendor management at either a major US law firm or another litigation solutions firm.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service experience as well as the ability to work closely and confidently with all levels of staff and management on the business
- Strong negotiation, analytical and writing skills as well as ability to make compelling and formal presentations to potential clients or to law firm attorneys.
- Ability to multi-task while working on both short- and long-term
- Possess the ability to work effectively and collaboratively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment to meet deadlines. Work autonomously as an effective member of a dynamic
Please apply today if you are excited for a great next step in your E-discovery career!
About Robert Half
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.