Review Consultants collaborate with clients on best practices in review, administer client-facing review platforms, provide support for end users, and implement process improvement both internally and externally for enterprise clients.
- Consult with clients, counsel, and review teams on best practices in review, including review workflow and application of Lighthouse proprietary tools and processes;
- Support all relevant client-facing platforms (Lighthouse proprietary tools, review, and analytics), including training, end user support, and documentation;
- Execute project-specific tasks in Relativity, including searching and batching, analytics, privilege review and logging, and quality control;
- Conduct training for review teams, counsel, and case managers on Relativity and Lighthouse proprietary applications;
- Provide training and mentorship to junior team members;
- Assist with delegation of work assignments;
- Support internal process improvement initiatives;
- Partner with Senior Review Consultants and Sales, identifying and recommending process improvements;
- Provide support to Sales and Marketing, including client-facing presentations and demonstrations;
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Experience in litigation eDiscovery; knowledge of litigation eDiscovery process and objectives
- Strong technical aptitude
- Experience with eDiscovery technology, including Relativity, required
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor technical discussion to audience
- Collaborative approach to working among internal teams on both specific projects and process improvement
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in unanticipated situations, ability to manage deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- S/BA or equivalent degree required; JD preferred.
- 5+ years of eDiscovery industry experience required, direct experience with document review preferred.
- RCA, or other review tool certification desired, but not required upon hire
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Job may be required at a customer facility.
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.