- Full Time
Amazon’s legal department is looking for a talented Legal Program Manager to help lead our internal investigations e-discovery program. In this role, you will be a member of the global Business Conduct & Ethics team. You should be passionate about technology and solving high-impact, ambiguous, business problems in the legal space.
Key job responsibilities
You will be responsible for overseeing our global e-discovery program and processes; strategic thinking and creative problem solving; project and change management; improving and simplifying processes through technical solutions; data analysis and visualization; and translating improvements into financial savings. Additional responsibilities will include improving investigation data collection workflows; data map development; data collection process evaluation and improvement; creation and maintenance of program documentation; and development and implementation of enhanced metrics and reporting strategies and technologies.
Successful candidates thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are not fazed by ambiguity or competing priorities. You should be detail driven; have great organization skills; have excellent problem-solving abilities; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround; and be able to communicate and influence at all levels.
A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information is essential. This position will work with attorneys, technical teams, global investigative teams, global business stakeholders, and outside counsel to achieve operational excellence and reduce risk for Amazon.
- 3+ years of experience program or project management, working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience with internal investigation processes and terminology, including e-discovery
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Certified Legal Project/Program Management credentials, Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent Amazon ACES experience.
- BA/BS degree.
- Self-starter with strong bias for action and keen attention to detail.
- Understanding of software development and legal technologies.
- Common sense and great judgment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.