The Production Specialist is responsible for processing electronic evidence for production to end clients, opposing counsel, and governmental bodies in response to legal orders for production. Specialists convert native files using industry-specific processing applications such as Relativity and IPRO eCapture in accordance with company and industry standards as well as client specific requests. Production Specialists are responsible for processing and converting files to image format (such as TIF, JPG or PDF) and exporting documents and metadata for client review and production. They are responsible for ensuring the quality of the processed data and all components of final production output in addition to ensuring that production resources are utilized effectively, and that turnaround requests and deadlines are either met or exceeded.
- Identify records for production using advanced queries in order to prep documents for production deliverables.
- Confirm consistency checks on client coding against to-be-produced documents with associated family members.
- Adhere to company standards and client-specific technical specifications to achieve documented SLAs.
- Ensure all imaging configurations coincide with the requested specifications .
- Create and prepare load files and deliverables for review in all industry standard review tools including but not limited to Concordance, Summation, eCapture, and Relativity.
- Format data for importing into legal review software, using internal tools in order to manipulate and export data to conform to client request.
- Maintain a sense of urgency on all production deliverables and internal requests.
- Independently work on job requests from a queue as well as by assignment to ensure that jobs progress with minimal delay.
- Effectively communicate job status and potential issues with production management and Service Delivery leadership.
- Provide documented, detailed hand-off summary on all accomplished tasks during shift/job turnover.
- Perform thorough quality checks on client data and work product at multiple stages using documented procedures and tools.
- Accurately execute to eliminate rework scenarios while ensuring 100% compliance of data and deliverables within an expedited time period.
- Inform management of potential improvements gathered from execution experience.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Knowledge of Relativity, iPro eCapture and other litigation support applications such as Nuix, LAW and Summation, ReadySuite, etc. a plus.
- Ability to independently use SQL to write queries for extracting and manipulating raw data preferred.
- Knowledge of scripting or other coding languages such as PowerShell, C#, or JAVA is a plus but not required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Dedication to providing outstanding customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to use critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to effectively identify solutions to non-standard requests and issue resolution.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Strong Microsoft Office/MS365 skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, minimal administrative support, and an ability to work well with others.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new applications and processes.
- Strong initiative and desire to learn and excel.
- Open to working assigned shift within departmental hours of operation (current hours are 7:30 am – 11:00 pm, seven days a week).
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- High School degree or equivalent experience. Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience processing data in an Electronic Discovery environment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.