The Production Analyst is responsible for processing and converting files to image format (such as TIF, JPG or PDF) and exporting documents and metadata for client review and production. This role ensures that the quality of the produced data and final output; production resources are utilized effectively, and that turnaround requests and deadlines are either met or exceeded. This role has the highest technical expertise within the Production team, and also help train and mentor Production Specialists and contributes to ongoing process improvement efforts.
- Complete work independently from a queue as well as by assignment to ensure that jobs progress with minimal delay in accordance with company standards and documented SLAs.
- Participate in productions by assessing scope, technical requirements, and timelines and making recommendations for project platform and workflows.
- Produce documents and data in adherence to company standards and client specific technical specifications and recommend potential process improvements.
- Create and prepare load files and deliverables for review in in all industry standard review tools including but not limited to Concordance, Summation, eCapture, and Relativity.
- Format data for importing into legal review software, using internal tools and SQL to manipulate and export data to conform to client requests.
- Perform thorough quality checks on client data and work product at multiple stages using documented procedures in order to eliminate rework while ensuring 100% compliance of data and deliverables within an expedited time period.
- Communicate status, progress and potential issues to leadership and team members while serving as primary point of contact for Client Services staff.
- Provide documented and detailed hand-off summary on all accomplished tasks during shift/job turnover.
- Support developing custom solutions and workflows for handling new or unusual data types and special technical requests.
- Make recommendations for improved workflow, quality, internal documentation and processes to maximize system resources and efficiencies as applicable.
- Assist with training junior team members on department processes and applications, and assist with troubleshooting requests and fixes to deliverables.
- Recommend and lead process improvement projects that may be internal or span multiple groups or locations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Maintain a sense of urgency on all production deliverables and internal requests.
- Work independently with minimal direction, minimal administrative support, and an ability to work well with others.
- Knowledge of SQL syntax and how to edit basic code when editing scripts or is an expert in Relativity.
- Knowledge of iPro eCapture, and other litigation support applications such as Nuix, LAW, ReadySuite, and Relativity.
- Knowledge of scripting or other coding languages such as PowerShell, C#, or JAVA is a plus.
- Execute on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Use critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to effectively identify solutions to non-standard requests and issue resolution.
- Convey complex ideas both verbally and in writing to a non-technical audience.
- Manage projects that span multiple groups, offices, or organizations.
- Superior focus on quality control and accuracy of work-product.
- Strong Microsoft Office/MS365 skills.
- Requires a High School degree or equivalent experience. Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
- Requires 5 to 8 years of eDiscovery or equivalent technical experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.