The Product Owner is responsible for delivering against a product’s 90-day release plan. The Product Owner is responsible for crafting the necessary artifacts to facilitate the 90-day release plan. The Product Owner is the voice of customer in the scrum team. The position works very closely with various teams to identify opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, revenue, and efficiency across for their product. Partners with different teams to convert concepts/ideas into specific scenarios and user stories, follow agile processes, and work with the development team to efficiently execute it. In addition, the Product Owner participates in helping solve bigger cross-team architectural questions regarding new technologies and products to improve the eDiscovery process.
- Collaborate with Product Manager in taking features and UX designs into user stories and other related artifacts.
- Backlog ownership.
- Prioritization of the scrum team work.
- Key role in Program Increment planning.
- Lead role in team demo after sprint completion.
- Voice of the customer in the scrum team.
- Build deep relationships with stakeholders inside and outside of the organization to understand their business goals.
- Collaborate with the other scrum teams on cross team feature implementation
- Interpret data from many different sources to drive the design of features. Analyze documents, business process, tasks and workflows to understand customers’ requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Expertise and passion working with customers to understand their scenarios and business drivers.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; must be able to distill critical data and help to identify required actions based on indicative results.
- Ability to develop drive release plan execution.
- Excellent technical and functional design skills.
- Experience with Agile or Scrum based teams.
- Affinity for both the big picture and low level details.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience as Business Analyst, Functional Analyst, Program Manager, Research Project Manager, Technical Product Manager, or related title in a high-demand role involving complex planning and coordination, with exposure to scientific or engineering environments.
- Licenses or certifications.