About the Team
Our Legal Team has built a reputation within the company for our supportive approach to counseling. We’re a group of seasoned business-forward legal professionals, who work collaboratively, have a healthy sense of humor, are humble, and are kind to one another and our clients.
A key part of the Legal Department strategy is scaling to support our fast growing business through operational efficiency. As a member of the Legal Operations team, you’ll be responsible for bringing people, process, and technology together in ways that drive operational excellence in the legal space. Join us!
About the Role
The Legal Operations Manager of eDiscovery is a high-bandwidth, meticulously organized individual, who can juggle people, project and process management. On a typical day, you may create a new collection process for a large litigation matter, test load speeds for a group of eDiscovery products, use data based learnings to guide a vendor selection process, lead a project status meeting with counsel, create a kick-off deck for an upcoming cross-functional initiative and continually improve the quality and consistency of the eDiscovery process by 1%. As the first full-time eDiscovery hire, this position calls for a self-starter who can oscillate easily from strategic considerations to tactical execution and who will enjoy building a dynamic, fast-moving eDiscovery function.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Legal Operations on our Legal Operations team in our Legal organization. This role will have the option to be 100% remote or hybrid at one of our office locations.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with the Senior Legal Operations Manager and Litigation counsel to shape the vision and direction of eDiscovery technology and processes at DoorDash.
- Build, develop, and drive the adoption of new eDiscovery technology.
- Scale, innovate and suggest improvements to existing eDiscovery processes.
- Partner across the Legal, Security and IT organizations to drive and execute midsize to large scale data and technology related projects.
- Oversee internal daily operations and partner with vendors and outside counsel to prepare data in response to discovery requests.
- Manage DoorDash’s portfolio of eDiscovery vendors; forming and maintaining strategic relationships, negotiating rates, reviewing invoices, conducting performance reviews, and working with the Lead Paralegal for Litigation to track matter spend.
- Provide investigations support to in-house attorneys, as well as the Employee Relations and Security organizations.
- Take on increasingly complex projects and responsibilities as your experience grows
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of progressive eDiscovery/litigation support experience in fast moving environments.
- You possess extraordinary written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- You represent the DoorDash brand with humility and a customer-first mindset.
- You have strong project management experience and previous success meeting eDiscovery deadlines in scrappy environments.
- You have experience working in eDiscovery platforms such as Exterro, Relativity, RelativityOne, Reveal, and/or Google Vault.
- You have experience working with industry leading eDiscovery services vendors such as Consilio, Epiq, or Lighthouse.
- You are proficient in and have an aptitude for technology, including but not limited to Google Workplace, Slack, MacOS, MS Office, and Adobe Acrobat.
- You have a detailed understanding of the end to end litigation lifecycle and best practices related to identification, preservation, collection, processing and production.
- You have a natural interest in staying up to speed on industry trends, best practices, and the rules and regulations of eDiscovery.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants
We expect this position to be filled by 3/26/2024.