Nuix creates innovative software that empowers organisations to simply and quickly find the truth from any data in a digital world. We are a passionate and talented team, delighting our customers with software that transforms data into actionable intelligence.
At Nuix, we hire the best people from around the world and empower them to do what they do best. We pride ourselves on our ongoing innovation, dedicated customer service and cutting-edge solutions that make a real difference to our customers and the world in which we live.
We collaborate to provide innovative solutions for more than 1,800 customers in over 72 countries. Our customers include many of the world’s top financial institutions, corporations and government departments, all major global regulatory agencies, leading security and law enforcement agencies, and all tier-one advisory firms and litigation support vendors
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Sydney team as a User Experience Designer. We are looking for someone who can convey the most pressing needs of the user while working with engineering to translate this into code. Someone who is a blend of creative and technical savvy; a big picture vision, and is driven to make that vision a reality.
- Make and encourage unbiased user experience decisions that increase the usability of new and existing products for Nuix.
- Make decisions based on quantifiable means vs. opinion to deliver to the user the best outcome.
- Lead the interaction and visual designs for Nuix product's as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Produce high-quality creative solutions to complex problems.
- Have a deep understanding of customer needs, the latest technologies, competitive products, and industry trends to drive innovation through the introduction of new user experiences that differentiate us from the competition – internationally and across multiple segments.
- Create user story maps, wireframes, prototypes, visual design comps, interaction designs and user flows using modern design and prototyping tools.
- Own the user personas and user journey maps for the Nuix Workstation/ CLS/ Automation and collaborate with the other UX Designers on how those fit within the broader Nuix Portfolio.
- Collaborate with product owners and software architects to add definition to the product specifications, use cases, and product requirements for the engineering teams to develop against.
- Work from and contribute to our existing design system and UI pattern library.
- Organizing, facilitating, and analyzing quantitative and qualitative user research and usability testing in person and remotely to ensure all designs meet user requirements.
- Be a focal point for knowledge on customer needs, use cases, and behaviors internally within Nuix.
- Be a positive influence on the Nuix team environment – collaborative, positive, and helping and enabling the team to reach the best business and professional outcomes.
- Available for travel up 5-10%
Qualifications & Experience
- Multiple years of UX & UI design experience for software & web applications in a high-tech environment.
- BA/BS degree in interaction design, new media design, another related design field, or equivalent practical experience.
- MA/MS or advanced technical degree a positive, but not required.
- Domain experience in enterprise endpoint software is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of user interface design patterns and standard user centered design methodologies.
- Expertise with Framer, Figma, Sketch, or other similar design and prototyping tools.
- Familiarity with React and Material UI frameworks a positive.
- Strong understanding of agile development methodology.
- Familiarity with SAFE and/or Scrum frameworks a positive.
Skills and characteristics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent conceptualisation ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique.
- Excellent design skills and production value.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting in front of large and small audiences.
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management ability with a deadline focus.
- Analytical, strategic and exceptional in front of customers.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail to deliver high quality output.
- Strong ownership, initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- High level of honesty and integrity with a strong work ethic and proactive thought leadership.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a matrixed environment and across multiple time-zones.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, guide, and work with cross-functional teams to achieve joint objectives.
- Ability to forge and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Passion for creating customer value through innovative and creative design solutions.
- Team player mentality with a strong sense of reliable and consistent individual responsibility.
Nuix is on an incredible journey of transformation, aligning our strengths with our ambitions to pursue greater opportunities. To find out more about who we are and what we are doing, please visit our web page.
As we expand our global team and extend our skills and expertise, we are unified as one Nuix team guided by our shared values.
Finding Truth in a Digital World
Nuix Mission Statement
Nuix creates innovative software that empowers organizations to simply and quickly find the truth from any data in a digital world. We are a passionate and talented team, delighting our customers with software that transforms data into actionable intelligence.
- Customers – Focus, Deliver, Delight
- Innovation – Unleash Collective Genius
- Teamwork – Stronger together
- People – Respect, Encourage, Reward
- Integrity – Authentic and Accountable
- Passion – Committed to the Mission
We believe in these principles and seek to weave them into the fabric of our daily work at Nuix. In doing so, we co-create a dynamic and purposeful company culture that we can be proud of and want to belong to.
**Nuix is an Equal Opportunity Employer**