Nuix creates innovative software that empowers organizations to simply and quickly find the truth from any data in a digital world. We are a passionate and talented team, delighting our customers with software that transforms data into actionable intelligence.
At Nuix, we hire the best people from around the world and empower them to do what they do best. We pride ourselves on our ongoing innovation, dedicated customer service and cutting-edge solutions that make a real difference to our customers and the world in which we live.
We collaborate to provide innovative solutions for more than 1,800 customers in over 72 countries. Our customers include many of the world’s top financial institutions, corporations and government departments, all major global regulatory agencies, leading security and law enforcement agencies, and all tier-one advisory firms and litigation support vendors.
We are looking for an experienced Senior User Experience Designer to own the user experience direction of our Nuix Endpoint product line to help position Nuix as the industry leading digital investigations platform. This full-time permanent position will report to the Head of Product Management for Nuix Endpoint and work closely with the Development, Sales, and Product Operations teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for technology, as well as several years’ experience developing and bringing to market user experiences for products and solutions in the corporate and/or law enforcement investigations market. This is a senior level position that requires a blend of technical and creative capabilities as well as collaboration skills to be successful.
Qualified candidates would be in charge of making and encouraging unbiased user experience decisions that increase the usability of new and existing products for Nuix. They must possess (i) an ability to convey the most pressing needs of the user and work with engineering to translate them into code, written by the developers; (ii) a blend of creative and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and (iii) the drive to make that vision a reality. They will make decisions based on quantifiable means vs. opinion to deliver to the user the best outcome.
- Lead the interaction and visual designs for the Nuix Endpoint product line as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Produce high-quality creative solutions to complex problems
- Have a deep understanding of customer needs, the latest technologies, competitive products, and industry trends to drive innovation through the introduction of new user experiences that differentiate us from the competition – internationally and across multiple segments
- Create user story maps, wireframes, prototypes, visual design comps, interaction designs and user flows using modern design and prototyping tools
- Own the user personas and user journey maps for the Nuix Endpoint product line and collaborate with the other UX Designers on how those fit within the broader Nuix Portfolio
- Collaborate with product owners and software architects to add definition to the product specifications, use cases, and product requirements for the engineering teams to develop against
- Work from and contribute to our existing design system and UI pattern library
- Organizing, facilitating, and analyzing quantitative and qualitative user research and usability testing in person and remotely to ensure all designs meet user requirements
- Be a focal point for knowledge on customer needs, use cases, and behaviors internally within Nuix
- Be a positive influence on the Nuixteam environment – collaborative, positive, and helping and enabling the team to reach the best business and professional outcomes
- Available for travel up 5-10%
- 5+ years of UX design experience for software & web applications in a high-tech environment
- BA/BS degree in interaction design, new media design, another related design field, or equivalent practical experience
- MA/MS or advanced technical degree a positive, but not required
- Domain experience in enterprise endpoint software is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of user interface design patterns and standard user centered design methodologies
- Expertise with Framer, Figma, Sketch, or other similar design and prototyping tools
- Familiarity with React and Material UI frameworks a positive
- Strong understanding of agile development methodology
- Familiarity with SAFE and/or Scrum frameworks a positive
- Experience delivering B2B SaaS software designs to market
Skills & Qualities
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Exceptional design skills and production value
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting in front of large and small audiences
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management ability with a deadline focus
- Analytical, strategic and exceptional in front of customers
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail to deliver high quality output
- Strong ownership, initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
- High level of honesty and integrity with a strong work ethic and proactive thought leadership
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a matrixed environment and across multiple time-zones.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, guide, and work with cross-functional teams to achieve joint objectives
- Ability to forge and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Passion for creating customer value through innovative and creative design solutions
- Team player mentality with a strong sense of reliable and consistent individual responsibility
In return you will be offered
A great working environment with a fast-growing global software company. Upon full time employment we offer competitive benefits and compensation including but not limited to: Paid Time Off, 401 K, dental, health and vision benefits, base salary, and an opportunity for a bonus.
** Nuix is an Equal Opportunity Employer **