The Manager, Processing is responsible for the day-to-day operation of their assigned team of Operations professionals including oversight of assignments, career development, scheduling and coordination of training opportunities. Oversees quality, efficiency and performance of the Data Processing teams as well as the department’s overall contributions to the success of the company. The Manager, Processing oversees the workflow and procedures coming out of the Intake department and over to the Native Processing and Quality Assurance teams to ensure that the department is operating at maximum capacity with quality performance, continuous improvements and increased efficiencies that enable data to processed and provided as quickly and accurately as possible, with minimal delays or rework.
- Lead the overall success of Data Processing through ownership of the department’s processes, procedures and employee performance.
- Identify and implement procedural changes for improved workflow, quality and processes improvements to maximize system resources and efficiencies as applicable.
- Develop and refine standardization and best practices around data management, processing and analysis.
- Provide technical leadership to the department and drive innovative solutions across the organization.
- Develop solid teams, leaders and high performing shifts.
- Drive continuous improvements to workflows and procedures to strengthen intake and processing efficiencies, decrease turnaround times, and improve and promote quality.
- Partner with leaders across departments to work together on accomplishing common goals to drive success within the company.
- Drive critical cross organizational change initiatives.
- Maximize efficiencies through resource allocation, scheduling and staffing among teams and shifts.
- Facilitate timely completion of day to day work by managing and coordinating the Processing queue.
- Work across operational teams and with internal customers to properly prioritize tasks to best meet client needs and deadlines.
- Capture, report out and drive change influenced by metrics and subject matter expertise.
- Provide concise and relevant feedback to management concerning effectiveness of current practices, policies and methodologies.
- Mentor and coach employees, through performance reviews, 1×1’s, issue follow-up/resolution and training.
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures and assets are maintained.
- Continually strive to increase capacity, company profitability and morale.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Management duties include supervision of exempt and/or non-exempt staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations and improvement plans, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Strong knowledge of industry specific applications and platforms such as Nuix, eCapture, Relativity, etc.
- Track record of consistent quality and high level efficiency.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong organization, reporting and time-management skills.
- Sense of urgency and ability to multitask.
- Proficient in developing SQL scripts for analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to create cohesive and high-performing teams.
- Aptitude for training, documentation and development of teams.
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor and grow employees, leading them through process change and department improvement initiatives.
- 4+ years of technical eDiscovery or Litigation Support experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing high performing teams Experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.