To apply for this job email your details to David@LSCNetwork.com
You’re looking for a change, and so are we. At Venable, we know that every new hire brings valuable experience, new perspectives, and a chance to raise the bar on our approach to litigation support and practice technology. That’s why we’re looking for a Project Manager to help us provide technical and strategic support to our legal teams.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for…
- Working with legal teams to define the requirements, organization, and management of data for litigation and related investigations. Providing on-going advice on best and most efficient practices to process, review and manage data.
- Developing project design specification in coordination in consultation with legal team. Developing, monitoring/maintaining, and providing comprehensive reporting to legal team and managers, including project metrics.
- Coordinating the collection of discovery related documents from clients, including vendor, client and attorney resources for collection of data.
- Reviewing and loading data into litigation databases and troubleshooting errors/technical issues.
- Preparing and maintaining comprehensive case documentation, including logs, vendor analysis spreadsheets and all department required documentation from inception until the matter is closed.
- Serving as a technical liaison with vendors or the firm’s Information Technology (IT) Department to resolve issues.
- Supporting trial and deposition teams in use of firm technology, and or client/vendor hardware necessary for trial.
- Managing vendor relations, including overseeing work in progress, comparing services to contract, and ensuring charges are accurate prior to approving expenses.
- Responding to on-demand training and assistance requests on eDiscovery platforms and other tools used internally by case teams.
- Providing change management support to affected practice groups, including making recommendations to department managers on implementation of technology changes and practice group utilization.
The successful candidate will demonstrate…
- Minimum three years’ project management experience in the legal support marketplace
- Minimum of three years’ experience analyzing, configuring and implementing software to meet user needs.
- Proficiency with MS-Office applications in a Windows environment; Advanced Excel and text editor skills required.
- In-depth experience with litigation support software (Relativity, Concordance, Text Map, LAW, IPRO, and other similar litigation support software), eDiscovery applications, network environments, word processing, relational database and spreadsheet applications to coordinate technical resources for practice group support projects, including equipment, staffing and software/applications
- Ability to define requirements for litigation support and prepare ESI protocols and make recommendations for use; requires ability to develop related implementation plans, including developing specifications and time requirements for changes and/or developments in firm software and hardware applications
- Understanding of various data storage methodologies, including effective methods for extracting information from source data using evidentially defensible methods; strategies for converting extracted data to reviewable form; various review methodologies and systems, including vendor-hosted solutions; and methods of effective electronic production
- Strong communication and client service acumen
Investing your time and talents is no small matter—we know that superior service to our clients starts with an investment in you. Our competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and programs that support our employees’ wellbeing, families, and futures reflect our pride in our people. From our practice technology team to our senior partners, Venable prioritizes the whole person in order to cultivate the most successful of relationships.
Website for Applying: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1171451&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000886404206&_fromPublish=true#/