Law Clerk –Entry Level Legal Position
Job Category: Service Contract Act
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: DOJ MBI
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
The Law Clerk position is a great opportunity for recent law school graduates seeking to gain practical, hands-on experience applying your knowledge to assist with high profile cases being investigated and litigated by the Department of Justice. This opportunity will also enhance your knowledge and understanding of the litigation life cycle as you assist with investigations from discovery through trial and appeal. CACI is also committed to growing our eDiscovery workforce and has included tuition reimbursement for Relativity certifications, the ACEDS certification and Paralegal Certificates! This is a great opportunity for someone to grow their careers. Please apply if you are interested to hear more!
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Law Clerk, you will work as a part of a high-performing team where you will be able to hone your analytical and research skills by engaging in intensive document reviews to identify relevant documents and to conduct legal and factual research to build cases.
More About the Role:
- You will gain invaluable experience utilizing electronic discovery tools and work in databases such as Relativity, conducting searches and identifying factually relevant and privileged data to support assigned investigations.
- Perform complex legal research for the trial staff.
- Assists in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.
- Review documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with eDiscovery applications and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- eDiscovery certifications
- Prior experience supporting the Federal Government
What We Can Offer You:
– We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
– Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
– We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
– We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
– For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.