Your contribution to KPMG:
- Deliver core digital forensic technical activities at client’s premises and in our forensic lab, including: identifying, securing and acquiring digital evidence from a broad range of data sources such as computer/laptop hard drives, USB and external storage devices, mobile/handheld devices, networks, server systems and IoT devices, and subsequently perform digital forensic analyses and evaluation of data from such sources using specialized tools and state-of-the-art methodologies
- Support white-collar crime investigations and inquiries with processing and preparation of data extracted from various sources for subsequent searching, analysis and review by client, legal, and KPMG investigative teams
- Summarizing results from analyses and produce comprehensive and accurate reports, recommendations and presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences to support investigations
- Apply advanced investigative and visualization techniques, machine learning and predictive coding algorithms to get faster and better insights into collected data
- Managing operational elements of KPMG’s digital forensic technology solutions, such as: developing, implementing and maintaining digital forensic service operating procedures and playbooks, evaluating development of novel tools and methodologies, and building scripts to enhance delivery of digital forensic services, as well as managing and maintaining KPMG’s digital forensic lab and equipment, and contributing to training, mentoring and guiding team members on related methodologies, best practices, tools and capabilities.
This is what makes you successful:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a closely related technical degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- At least 3 years of prior forensic technology or digital/IT/cyber forensic experience, ideally in a consulting or professional services environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft operating systems
- Excellent proficiency with well established digital forensic suite tools such as EnCase, Cellebrite, FTK, etc.
- Comfortable undertaking evidence collection from a wide range of legacy, current, and novel data sources
- EnCE and relevant SANS institute certifications, other recognized certifications in the Forensic Technology field will be an advantage.
- Solid experience with programming languages such as Python, Batch or Bash; knowledge in C++, Java, Ruby, SQL a plus
- Good understanding of hardware components and technologies (processors, bus systems, storage components) and broad knowledge of computer network technologies (components, protocols, network)
- Fluent German and professionally proficient English skills required, French and other languages an advantage
- Sense of responsibility, discretion and ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive data
- You excel when working under pressure, while at the same time maintaining a high level of diligence and eye for detail, supported by a sense of perseverance and assertiveness
- You bring a self-starting, flexible and dynamic personality with an entrepreneurial, creative mind-set and well developed team spirit
- You thrive on solving complex problems and finding “the needle in the haystack”