ILS; a nationally prominent litigation consultancy headquartered in Orange County, California, is seeking the right person to join our team as an eDiscovery ESI Data Engineer. We are committed to doing good; our mission is to balance the scales of justice to help ensure that those injured by wrongful corporate actions can pursue their claims effectively and achieve just results. This opportunity affords the right person an inspiring environment, awesome responsibilities and a chance to truly make a difference.
As a part of ILS Tech Team, you will work closely with our team of Attorney/Consultants, Scientists and Subject Matter Experts, as well as our top management, and nationally prominent clients in major cases that make front-page news.
- Process and produce large amounts of forensically collected ESI data on a tight schedule.
- Perform various database administration tasks, including creating databases, modifying structures, administering user permissions, and optimizing performance.
- Validate and load multi-terabyte eDiscovery production data from standard DAT, OPT, LST load files.
- Forensically collect data from various social media platforms and transform into proper reviewable format.
- Run analytical jobs on large datasets using proprietary analytical engines as well as leading third-party litigation support technology software running on Oracle Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server, and PostgreSQL.
- Provide technical support services and solutions to client users.
- Design and architect solutions to complex problems using outside-the-box creativity and in-depth technical skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems preferred.
- Experience in ESI processing and production tools is a MUST (e.g. Ipro, iCONECT, Nuix, Relativity, Summation, Disco, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL query syntax a must.
- Proficiency in regular expression a must.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in technical work in eDiscovery, especially in data processing and production workflow (i.e. Proper handling of forensically collected ESI data, metadata, text extraction/export, and text encoding)
- Excellent written and oral communication is a must.
- Keen attention to detail, but with the ability to understand the broad picture.
- A natural team player committed to the success of the whole team.
- A “Can-Do” attitude with eagerness and commitment to help clients. Experience in customer support/help desk is a plus but not required.
- A multi-tasker who is able to deliver under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, creative problem-solving skills, and sound decision-making skills.
We offer very competitive compensation and excellent benefits package incl. Medical Insurance, and 401K with 4% match.
This is an immediate opening, If you are a qualified professional and interested in applying to join our team, please reply to this posting with: a (1) cover letter, (2) current resume, and (3) compensation/salary requirements.
International Litigation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Employment by International Litigation Services, LLC is “at-will”, which means that all employment relationships are at the mutual consent of the employee and the Organization. Accordingly, either the employee or the Organization can terminate the employment relationship at-will, at any time, with or without cause or necessity of stating any reasons, and with or without notice. This statement of at-will employment is intended to supersede any statement to the contrary.