The Intake Technician is responsible for the receipt and tracking of incoming electronic and physical media from external clients. This position also pre-processes client evidence with Forensic tools, extracts data as required, generates reports, and prepares data for loading into processing software. In addition, the Intake Technician ensures the exemplary quality of the processed data while utilizing resources effectively, and ensuring requests and deadlines are either met or exceeded.
- Log client media/evidence and project information accurately; maintaining Chain of Custody.
- Store, safeguard, and maintain all media\evidence in a storage facility.
- Generate media reports and conduct data backups, extraction/restoration, and pre-processing using forensic applications and methods.
- Maintain a sense of urgency on high priority and critical requests.
- Work on job requests proactively from a queue as well as by assignment to ensure that jobs progress with minimal delay.
- Communicate job status and potential issues effectively to Intake Manager\Queue Manager and provide detailed handoff instructions during shift\job turnover.
- Perform thorough quality checks on client data and work product at multiple stages to ensure quality and eliminate rework.
- Perform administrative duties relevant to project maintenance (billing, reporting, etc.).
- Help maintain a clean and well-organized computer lab at all times.
- Use password cracking software and forensic tools to access and repair data as needed.
- Completes duties with direct and indirect supervision, escalating problematic issues to more senior team members as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Microsoft Office skills and experience working with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Must have strong attention to detail and a high level of organization\categorization skills – this is an absolute “must have” and must be able to complete work with a positive, solution-focused attitude.
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize, and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with customer service focus.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to take initiative and solve problems Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and processes.
- Always maintains a high level of customer service towards internal and external clients.
- High School degree or equivalent experience.
- Associate’s degree, two-year certification, Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience\certifications preferred.
- 1 to 3 handling sensitive data, preferably in an electronic discovery environment. Demonstrated experience with computer hardware and physical media highly preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.