Core responsibilities include self-directed research of unstructured data within large document collections, typically in the context of litigation. Experience in Legal Research or Linguistics is preferred.
This is a temporary assignment (W2). The ideal candidate lives in Chicago, San Francisco, or Seattle. Remote candidates who reside in the United States are welcome to apply.
- Research and master specialized subject matter related to the issues in the legal case
- Synthesize subject matter input from a variety of sources (case materials, client direction, project lead feedback, internet sources)
- Learn our proprietary software used in document management and review
- Test and refine strategic search queries to mine for specific topics or types of documents in large document collections
- Develop organized and systematic method of working within our established process, monitoring own accuracy and timelines independently
- Participate in custom-built solutions and process innovations, requiring flexibility and trial-and-error
- Present findings, suggestions and challenges clearly and effectively to the project team
- Independent and self-driven problem-solving a must from every team member
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- Experience with analysis of large volumes of unstructured data, either in an academic or professional environment. Data mining, data analysis skills and habits
- Sharp eye for detail and a practiced sense of order and organization
- Ability to carry out research independently, in an organized and methodological way
- Ability to recognize patterns to guide further hypotheses
- Ability to synthesize information effectively and formally document /report findings
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for quickly learning technologies and processes
- Work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines while balancing competing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively in a team structure
- Solid competency in a PC/Windows environment using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- BS/BA or equivalent degree required; JD preferred.
- 3+ years of eDiscovery industry experience required, direct experience with document review preferred.
- RCA, or other review tool certification desired, but not required upon hire
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Job may be required at a customer facility.
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.