About the Firm
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 6,000 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $2 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
About the Opportunity
This Senior Consultant role will be based in our Paris office (8th district) and is a part of FTI Consulting’s Technology team which encompasses +500 experts globally. The Senior Consultant will be cross-trained in various skills and will assist on all phases of our client engagements with primary focus on data scoping, data collection, data investigation and data manipulation aspects.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all digital forensics and data investigation related aspects.
- Liaise with clients and other FTI colleagues to plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises in France and abroad.
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources.
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data collection, processing, conversion, analysis and other specialised tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
- Create custom scripts and utilise processing applications and tools to solve client data problems or to improve efficiency.
- Be customer-service-oriented and proactive to meet client deadlines while mitigating risks.
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities (Minimal notice often applicable).
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices.
- Degree in IT or a technology related subject such as computer forensics, cybersecurity, information systems or equivalent experience.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Prior experience in the digital forensics world, either in the Public sector, a private corporate or a consulting firm, with duties including data collection and examination from computer, mobile device and server sources
- Good knowledge of enterprise IT environment and architecture
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role.
- Ability to travel on a short notice
- Fluent in French and strong written and verbal command in English.
- Experience with forensic tools like Encase, FTK, Cellebrite, Kali Linux, Axiom Programming skills
- Cyber incident response experience
- Any industry certification