To apply for this job please visit fticonsult.referrals.selectminds.com.
About the Role
This Senior Director position is within FTI Consulting’s Technology practice. FTI Consulting Technology utilizes modern review platforms for native document review and case management. A Senior Director is responsible for managing multiple aspects of specific client matters. Our practice primarily provides professional consulting services to corporations and law firms for coordinating document review and production using Ringtail or Relativity.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Learns well on the fly – while we do have training materials and sessions, the majority of learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently.
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard – while we do innovate, everyone has regular assigned tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which high quality client service depends.
- Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Has the ability to travel when requested. Average travel is less than 20%.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for day to day activities of projects including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Apply analytical skills and utilize existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines and create novel, customized solutions to meet shifting client needs
- Utilize logical reasoning skills to provide complete client service
- Work to ensure a quality product and delivery of all work within established timeframes
- Introduce additional FTI Consulting services to clients as needs dictate
- Provide exceptional client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Maintain professional image within the firm and project same to those outside the firm
How You’ll Grow
The Senior Director, eDiscovery will have the opportunity to work directly with senior leadership and learn from the best in the industry. To ensure long-term career development, the Technology segment dedicates time and resources into training employees formally; however, the most valuable learning occurs on the job. The person in this role will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and think outside the box.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts college degree required
- 5+ years Relativity or eDiscovery related experience
- 5+ years of legal / electronic discovery / document review or consulting experience
- Proficiency of Relativity databases
- Knowledge of Ringtail databases or similar document review management applications such as Concordance, Introspect, Summation
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Access is a plus
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline–motivated situations
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to think clearly under pressure Strong logical reasoning skills
- Proven ability to conduct training in a professional environment
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance