To apply for this job please visit fticonsult.referrals.selectminds.com.
About the Role
This Managing Director position is within FTI Consulting’s Technology practice. FTI Technology utilizes modern review platforms for native document review and case management.
A Managing Director is responsible for managing discrete businesses withing FTI and have overall responsibility for revenue generation and developing teams as well as multiple aspects of specific client matters. Your practice primarily provides professional consulting services to law firms and corporations for coordinating document review and production using NUIX Discover, Relativity and other tools.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Wants to build a business focused in the Legal-Tech marketplace working with one of the pre-eminent firms globally in the industry – building relationships in the India domestic market and servicing global accounts.
- Business orientated – always keeps client outcomes at the top of mind
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently, incl.; follow-the-sun model
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Has the ability to travel when requested.
- Has experience developing meaningful client relationships.
- Lead e-Discovery functional team in India and collaborate with other regions to build a Follow-the-Sun coverage. Lead operations of the e-Discovery business in India.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and exhibits a strong executive presence
- Sought as a leader in a comparable practice in the marketplace
- A subject matter expert in e-Discovery with experience in consulting technical and non-technical audiences.
- Independently managing the e-Discovery components on complex legal or regulatory investigations.
- Lead preparation, planning and delivery of e-Discovery services by scoping, budgeting, staffing resources, guiding client workshops, final deliverables on projects.
- Responsible for the development defensible workflows, controls, and procedures.
- Lead the local team in developing new solutions, service lines and assisting on global projects.
- Work to ensure a quality product and delivery of all work within established timeframes.
- Good understanding of technology infrastructure, software and hardware dependencies and deployment.
- Familiarity with global data privacy laws and frameworks.
- Experience working with external vendors while establishing robust controls for data management.
- Drive against specific revenue targets for the business – both sourced by self in the India domestic market and through stimulating internal demand to support global accounts
- Lead new business development/sales cycles and manage pipeline. Engage in responding to RFPs & RFIs, pricing inquiries, contract reviews, sales pitch, and client relationship management activities.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the local market with proven ability to develop and execute business plans.
- Have strong commercial acumen
- Apply technical and analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations. Practice disciplines and create novel, customized solutions to meet shifting client needs
- Co-ordinate work with wider teams to ensure the best solution is developed for the client irrespective of domain or sector
- Support the development and growth of the India Technology team by acting as a trusted advisor and experienced mentor to other colleagues.
- Responsible for developing meaningful careers paths, stabilizing the team, and managing attrition rates
- Flexible and able to work under tight deadlines and during off hours to collaborate with global regions
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
- Provide outstanding client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- BS or BA college degree is required
- 10+ years of legal / electronic discovery / document review or consulting experience
- Advance knowledge of and experience in operating Relativity or similar e-Discovery platforms.
- Strong technical background with hands on experience in supporting data manipulation, data conversion and data analysis tasks in a SQL environment
- Ability to create and understand Microsoft SQL Server scripts and stored procedures
- Track record in building businesses
- Experienced with managing, processing, converstin and analyzing data from Emerging Digital data sources such as O365, MS Teams, One drive, Dropbox, Slack, GSuite etc.
- Experience with handling mobile device data (Cellebrite or Oxygen Forensics extractions)
- Knowledge of SharePoint, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, and any related Reporting platform
- Familiarity with industry standard tools and software (Encase, FTK, Nuix, Reveal)
- Familiarity of data security protocols and ISO 27001 certification
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to think clearly under pressure Strong logical reasoning skills
- Ability to take initiatives and understand issues quickly.
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written)
Apart from the well-structured career path and collaborative team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations