About the Role
Our Forensic Technology team in China works with corporations, governments and law firms to meet with legal, regulatory and investigative demands by leveraging our skills to enable our clients to more confidently govern, secure, find, analyze and rapidly understand their data in the context of compliance and risk.
We are growing rapidly across Asia and are looking to hire more high calibre people to add to the team in Shanghai. This Senior Consultant position is a part of FTI Consulting’s Technology team.
As part of the Shanghai based team, you will be cross-trained in various forensic technology skills and will assist on all phases of our projects. They will also work closely with the wider Asia Technology team based in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
What You’ll Do:
The primary duty of this position is related to data processing, loading, converting, quality assurance, review support, tracking and management of client data.
- Accountable for day-to-day data processing, conversion, diagnosis, quality control, import and other specialised tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors and client personnel.
- Coordinate closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements.
- Manage any project related queries and issues and provide solutions/workarounds.
- Liaise with other teams and manage expectations on client requests.
- Meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours, and out of the PRC when necessary.
- Conduct internal training sessions to consultants.
- Involve yourself in providing product enhancement feedback and coordinating the deployment of tools and processes to the wider Asia team.
- Coordinate closely with colleagues within and across our teams globally to manage the delivery of client requirements.
- 2-3 years minimum experience of working in an eDiscovery or forensic technology related role in a professional services firm.
- Solid experience with data preservation hardware tools such as FastBloc or the Tableau range.
- Solid experience with data preservation and analysis software such as Encase, FTK, Axiom or XWays.
- Solid experience with mobile device data preservation and analysis software (for iOS and Android)
- Solid experience in using SQL and relational databases.
- Experience in processing data in Nuix or equivalent data processing platforms.
- Knowledge of document review platforms such as Relativity or Nuix Discover.
- Litigation support experience.
- Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems (Windows, Linux and MacOS) and software.
- A degree in a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience in professional services firms.
- Familiarity of data manipulation using MS Access, Excel and Tableau.
- Working knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
- Knowledge / familiarity with Nuix scripting.
- Knowledge of programming (Python, C++, Java, Visual Basic, PERL).
- An ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills both internally and externally.
- An ability to work a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Native Mandarin and business-level English and the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical people.
- Flexibility with working hours and and the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations